All Discussions (4359)

Sort by

Kaohi: I am a Democrat and am very disappointed with Obama's pick for Chairman of the NRC--On the issue of Nuclear Safety -I am hesitantly saying one needs to listen to the Republicans or other voices

The Commission

The NRC is headed by five Commissioners appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate for five-year terms. One of them is designated by the President to be the Chairman and official spokesperson of the Commission.

Chairman Gregory B. Jaczko
Chairman

Read more…
1 Reply

Kaohi:Why we need to be cognizant on Nuclear Proliferation concerns. Congress woke up too little too late on Nuclear funding of 2.5 billion a hidden business under the disguise of solar.

U.S., China Sign Agreement to Establish Center of Excellence on Nuclear Security
Jan 19, 2011

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Department of Energy (DOE) today announced the signing of a government-to-government agreement with the People’s Republic of China t

Read more…
0 Replies

Kaohi: Similar situation with Vieques as what is going on in Waianae. We were recently reduced to where the rubber meets the roadside on the corner of Farrington and Lualualei Road.

The differences between us and Vieques is that they are more sophisticated in wanting to protect themselves and hold their future above all else.  Here in Waianae it's an acceptable way of life and that is to die an early death.  We have lost the pra

Read more…
0 Replies

Creating S.M.A.R.T Goals

i attended a Housing Rental Workshop yesterday

it was mentioned to use the Smart Goals method...

i am happy to share the Smart goals achievements....to SUCCESS~~~

1), S---for be specific

2). M--be measurable

3). A--to be attainable

4). R--to be rea

Read more…
0 Replies

Kaohi: I sympathize with the 'animal spirits' of human nature. "...who were doing their jobs to protect international heads of state." But, who was protecting Kollin Elderts from Christopher Deedy?

Waianae is dripping with totalitarian regime at every level of social problems, in my opinion.  People who left the comfort of their homes to protest, attend APEC 2011, and participate in some form in a confrontation with security were brave souls.

Read more…
0 Replies

Kaohi: Education mindset in 2005 and reasons to be concern in 2011: Where are we today and where are we going in the near future with 'globalization' and it's Common Core educational standards?

Power, Trust, and Resources: 

Why Act 51 Challenges the Hawaii Department of Education
                                                       Speech to Honolulu

Read more…
0 Replies