Is OHA stealing from 50%+?

The constitution of the State of Hawaii established OHA for Hawaiians that fit the definition set forth by the Hawaiian Homes Commission Act of 1920. Is it pono that OHA spend money on people who are mostly not native Hawaiian?

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hey you folks you know what iam hawaiian and why dhhl turn on me and oha tell dhhl why thy turning on the real blooded queen cheifess hanakahi
  • i thought I made a comment on this site but I guess not. Just testing Kaohi
  • You bring up interesting questions - if someone is adopted by a Hawaiian, are they Hawaiian? Hanai is family, even if it isn't by koko.

But eventually, everyone is one-drop Hawaiian, and then nobody is special anymore - everyone becomes aboriginal, and everyone tries to get their piece of the pie.

And pure blooded Hawaiians did destroy the heiau - Kaahumanu fought the kahuna and destroyed all the heiau and the ancient religion. Soon after Amakua brought the missionaries invited by Henry Oobookiah to bring the gospel to the islands, and saved our language by developing the Hawaiian alphabet and creating dictionaries and translations.

I guess the real problem is that if you don't have any limits at all, .00000000001% pretty much looks like 0.0%. Maybe we should either have 100% limit, or no limits at all, and keep benefits for all locals - make like a 30 year residency requirement or something.

All I know is that there is only so much land and resources to go around, and the people looking for hand outs keep getting more and more and more. This is not pono.
    • Oh my gawd!!!

Mr. Maliu, are you familiar with the term "ethnic cleansing"? Are you pure Hawaiian? Is your wife pure Hawaiian? Are your kids pure Hawaiian? Are your mo`opuna pure Hawaiian?

Have you read Adolf Hitlerʻs "Mein Kampf"? Well, hereʻre a few snippets I thought might interest you:

"A state which in this age of racial poisoning dedicates itself to the care of its best racial elements must some day become lord of the earth." [Well, I guess youʻre not quite as bad as that, because you only want a racially clean Hawai`i.]

Or how ʻbout this one:

"We all feel that in the distant future many may be faced with problems which can be solved only by a superior race of human beings, a race destined to become master of all the other peoples and which will have at its disposal the means and resources of the whole world."

Wow! Did you feel that? I donʻt know about you, but I did! Dangerous talk, dangerous talk.

And one more question, please? Are you trying to say that our (or should I say, our Hawaiian sideʻs) aumakua brought the missionaries to save our language?

If that is what you meant, then Wow!
This reply was deleted.