Keawe

Let's talk about the name Keawe. Are all those that have that name or some variation of it descended from the famed Keawe line? If not what would be the reason for having that name? A family member connection to it or some sort of tribute? I have these surnames: Keawe/Keawe-Aiko/Keaweamahi/Keawehawaii/Keawekane/Keawemauhili Directly related to me is: Keawe-Puahikina or Malamalama Onalani Keawe (k) marrying Nahakee (w) and having Hiona Kaulunahele Keawe (k). Hiona married Hoomana and had Kapeka, William Hoopai, Nela (w), Lahela (w) and Keanalu. We think Kapeka and Keanalu are the same person since one married a Ioela Malailua and the other married Elia Malailua who are probably the same person. Kapeka is my great-great grandmother. I'm told the story of the birdman of Nuuanu is about Ioela Malailua's father.

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wahinekapu w = Kealanahale/Kealanahele k = Kahamaluihi/Kalua-o-Hoohila w

1.Keawe                                       1.Luaika k

2.Kailianu

3.Panawa

4.Alapai

Wahinekapu on my tutu wahine comming from Kohala and Maluihi comming from my 4rth.tutu kane Helela of Kauai.

• my 5 great grandfather is keawehano .....

• please watch videos for a chance to win prizes and contest
    clik on advertisers links to win
    not responsible for contest rules or game play

email me at merchantmansmith@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/Amani Smith
    www.facebook.com/Sufferahsmusic
    www.twitter.com/Sufferahsmusic
    www.hotlinemastering.com <~~ visit for the best mastering prices in the world
    from arguably one of the worlds best mastering engineers SONIN
  • keawe is my middle name wahine kea meaning first wife to keawe wahine kea nui nui okalani i am the great great princess of heavens . kapeka is my great great grandmother too. john lono kepano married a kapeka. so i am from the keawe and gilman family
  • I was thinking that MW doesn't want me to respond to you anymore stephanie. lol I dunno, I saw you reply to Namaka'eha and it gave the option to reply to your response but in this one where you say now you understand about it not showing up, i notice that this page is full of responses, so maybe it's telling us to stop? hahaha
    • Yes, the great thing about these responses provide the po'e and opportunity to self reflect. What does this mean to me or does it represent what I am feeling? Built up frustration often takes a negative turn and affect us socially, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. I've been there and most will not admit publically, but personally it "tears in the opu." The kukui often burns the light that guide all of us. However, difficulty arises when the pathway is unclear and cluttered by greed or other evil intentions. By far, our jounrney is not over, just a beginning to do our genealogy that strengthen our bonds to our kupuna as we educate ourselves with the time frame of events occuring at that time. Most interestingly, I noticed that I'm Iearning more about Hawaiian history and the po'e more so doing genealogy than in a Hawaiian Studies class.

LOL
    • I noticed that I'm Iearning more about Hawaiian history and the po'e more so doing genealogy than in a Hawaiian Studies class.

YUp, same here. Even the political history of Hawaii of which I never took an interest at all. But I ended up learning all that, and I also was encouraged to learn more of the language too since back in high school, it was limited to a few phrases, unlike now. But I take these as signs too, there's a reason why I ended up falling into this. And I'm glad that I did.
    • LOL, you guys...so true, and we don't have gas & meal expense and the cost of the study...LOL..geesh we can sometimes stay in our PJ's...lol and flexible with time
    • Hey, you going to be like me - leave me alone I'mdoing genealogy and it has been like that for three consecutive weeks. I love it! I've found many na inoa, just need to confirm and put in right place. I was researching Alapainui and was wondering would he known as Hinai or Hilinai?
  • I truly believe if you do your research on your own family and its pono, a'ole pilikia. For anyone to borrow and make claims due to land, shame onhim or her/ohana. When I did research on the Kanei 'ohana for my kupuna wahine, Jennie Kanei, her father had 'aina. All the children and descendants from this lineage - nui loa. As for myself, I was happy my grandmother quiet title with some of her brothers. There is never enough aina to go around and to fight over it - a'ole pono! Every 'aina that an American business sits on will be impacted by our stride toward independence. Imagine the wealth they created for themselves. In the meantime, took nearly deciamted our culture and exploited our po'e to satify their own economical and political gains.

Just the thought being able to do genealogical research and looking at the inoa in different names yet same person was baffling for myself. Then, it began to make more sense. Okay, he or she is this person and known as this inoa. Just to put the ohana in the right place is the pono place to be!
This reply was deleted.