Donʻt Pimp Our Palace and Princess

Eō Hālau Lōkahi! o Kumu Hanaloa keia. If you havenʻt heard already, a haole film company is attempting to shoot a lame movie called "the Barbarian Princess" at our palace. There was a protest today (anyone make it down?), and there will be another gathering/protest tomorrow at 9 am. For more info check out Uncle Pono Kealohaʻs site, google it, and/or check out this video at: https://www.youtube.com/v/Wj1kUHylHV8&hl=en Basically, itʻs a massively distorted portrayal of our heir apparent, Princess Ka`iulani, who was in line for the throne after Queen Lili`uokalani. I donʻt know too much about it except that: itʻs hewa; it supposedly has no native Hawaiian consultants at all; Henry Noa with the Reinstated Nation and Palani Vaugn, amongst others, have taken the lead in formally protesting it and getting the word out to the rest of us; and Clayton Hee condemned it today at the Leg. Check it out if can. Me ka `oia`i`o, Kumu Hanaloa

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Apparently, the title is now "The Last Princess", and supposedly this is why Abigail Kawananakoa is protesting it as well...

H
This reply was deleted.