Aloha kakou, If anyone wants to show support for the folks protesting the descration of burials on a site in Kaua'i, here's a way to contact the developer who is trying to push the project forward, over the objections of descendents of the kupuna buried there. I've been running some quick internet searches on Joseph Brescia, the man who is trying to build over the graves. I am not sure if this project is supposed to be "his private vacation home" or is he doing this for sale/speculation. Anyone interested can write email and/or letters to his business offices to express our support for the people camping out to prevent his desecration of the kupuna -- show him this is getting more than just "local" attention back on the islands. This is his email: jbrescia@aga-ca.com. He is the president and chair of Architectural Glass & Aluminum Co, with an address in Southern CA: 2691 Richter Avenue, Suite 120, Irvine CA 92606, (949)797-9000. And an address in Northern CA: 1151 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 101, Alameda, CA 94501 (510)444-6100. He is also on the board of the Northern CA Glass Management Association, 5677 Horton Street, Emeryville, CA. In a recent election he gave $2,000 to a series of "Rebuild CA" initiatives and said he was in Oakland. Therefore, I presume the guy is a Bay Area resident. Is this info of strategic use? Anyone got relatives here in SF Bay Area who want to email, phone or picket any of the above addresses? We can email if nothing else!!! Also, make use of tags and keywords to link his name with burial desecration. This may start to show up on internet searches, particularly if you post from sites with Google advertising!!! Amy Web References . 1. Business licenses for State of Nevada: published June 6, 2004 www.rgj.com/news/stories/html/ - [Cached] Published on: 6/6/2004 Last Visited: 6/6/2004 Architectural Glass & Aluminum Co.: Joseph A. Brescia, 1911 Union St., Oakland, Calif.; no bond. . 2. IUPAT Int'l - pension www.ibpat.org/pension/about.ht - [Cached] Last Visited: 1/15/2008 Joseph A. Brescia, Corporate President, Architectural Glass & Aluminum Co., Inc. ... Joseph A. Brescia ... Joseph A. Brescia, Corporate President, Architectural Glass & Aluminum Co., Inc. Joseph A. Brescia, is the corporate president and chairman to the Board of Directors at Architectural Glass & Aluminum Co., Inc. (AGA). Brescia became corporate president in 1983 after control was purchased, and implemented a program of staff improvement and sales expansion from a base of $1.5 million to the current level of $60 million annually. AGA has been affiliated with the Glaziers since its inception in 1970. Brescia is a licensed B-General Contractor, C-17 Glazing Contractor and C-61 Specialty Contractor in California and is also a licensed glazing contractor in Nevada, Alaska, Texas, Washington and Hawaii. He is active on numerous boards all over California. In 1998, Brescia started as a trustee in Northern California and, in 2003, he became involved in the Southern California Pension Fund, serving as one of the steering committee co-chairs in bringing the fund to resolution with the employers, PBGC and IRS. In the last several years, he helped form the negotiating committee for Northern California Glass Management Association (NCGMA). In 1972, Brescia received his B.S. in business and in 1973 received his M.B.A in marketing finance from Bowling Green State University. . 3. Summary: Economic Turmoil Tests Markets (3/26/01) www.enr.com/new/coverstry_3260 - [Cached] Published on: 6/7/2002 Last Visited: 6/7/2002 "Everything in this market was short, even before this power thing hit," says Joseph A. Brescia, president of Garland, Calif.-based Architectural Glass & Aluminum Inc. "Glass lead times are up, manpower is limited and everything is running at capacity or above," says Brescia. "Now we are trying to push our engineering and design production plans by a full month, at least, to insure we have materials at the jobsite." BPA says it is likely to boost the power costs of aluminum producers to $41 per Mwh from the current $23 when contracts are renegotiated in October. Aluminum officials claim that no smelter in the region will be profitable if power prices climb above $35. The area is the nation's second largest producer of aluminum.

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My letter to Mr. Brescia:

Mr. Joseph Brescia
    President and Chair
    Architectural Glass and Aluminum Co., Inc.
    1151 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 101
    Alameda, CA 94501

Dear Mr. Brescia,

A burial ground in Naue, Kaua'i is not the proper site for a vacation home, whether a grand 7,000 sq. feet or not.

I don't know if you intend this building for your personal use, or as a business speculation, but in any case, your heartless disregard of all that the Native Hawaiians hold dear -- especially the bones of their dear family members and ancestors -- is not something to be easily or lightly forgotten in that community.

Then too your cynical and empty gesture of throwing a sop to "protocol" by getting "a real Hawaiian blessing" before construction has caused additional anguish. I saw that anguish in the face of Lady Ipo Kahaunaele, as she is confronted in a You Tube video by those who are dedicated to protecting the bones of their ancestors. I hear it in the voices of those who gently but firmly point her in direction of the fence should she decide to "bless" the property on your behalf.

Sir, you do not understand how little right you or any foriegn person has to build and "develop" on Hawai'i. There are no clear titles for foreigners. Hawai'i is not properly a territory or state of the U.S. The World Court in Hague acknowledges the violations of treaties and international laws of this occupied country's history, and one day, your vacation home, should you choose to build it, will belong again to those who hold the royal patent for that ahupua'a, and to the reinstated Kingdom of Hawai'i. And what return on your investment will you or your descendents get then? And what peace will you have if you live there?

The people whose bones you aim to disturb lived in that land, as an integral part of it, in alignment with their community, the land itself, and with spirit. You cannot take them from their rightful place without consequences, without what we in Northern CA are fond of calling "karma."

Please consider doing the right and proper thing and abandon this project. Your name is even now linked with the cruel words, "burial desecration." And these things do ripple outward, though space and time and in people's hearts.
    Sincerely,
    Amy Marsh
    A resident of the San Francisco Bay Area
This reply was deleted.