surname lists?

To aid our discussions here- let's roll call on which surnames you might be researching or seeking connections? here's mine: Waiwaiole Kala Kalaau Kalawaia Keawe Hale o Keawe Keawemauhili Mauuhili Opuu Mililama Kanewanui Nahoa Kanakaole Honolulu Haleniau Kuokoa Mailehahai Panui Kauhane Kapalena/ Palena Napua Kaipo Keoke/Keoki Keanuohawaii Makanoanoa Kupapaulu Kauhimaka Kanohokai Kahunanui Akana Kaopuiki/Kaapuiki Kama Kanakanui Kenui

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'll add to the list a few of mine:

Namahoe
    Keawe-a-Heulu
    Wong
    WongHoe
    Hilinai
    Ka'upena
    Spencer
    Lindo
    Gaspar
    Hooiho
    Honuakaha
    Puu
    Kuamoo
    Ka'ahuna
    Auwana
    Kekahiili
    Kapiimoku
    Akimakaokalauhue
    Kamalanakuaheahea
    Kuakane
    Kamoeau
    Kahaopulani
    Kioula
    Hikuikekualono
    Luahine
    Kaaloaikanoa
    Umihulumaka
    Kihawahine
    Keawekuikaai
    Keawekuikaai

•  

My grandfather is William Nawai jr. his father was William Nawai SR and his father was Kaahanui born 1838. Kaahanui was married to Nakiowai. Kaahanui had two brothers, Peulua, and Piimaiwaa. Kaahanui also had another son who was Kaiae, who was also given the last name Nawai. Kaiae married Malie. Kaiae also adopted the Christian name William, like his brother, and used it sometimes. Kaahanui’s parents are Kaiae (k) and Palena (w). Nakiowai’s mother is HieHie and one of her husbands was Pahoa.

Now William Nawai was married to Kealohamauloa. Kealohamauloa parents were Lapauila (k) and Kekualoa (w). Kekualoa’s father was Moanalua.

Mahalo :o) pineapple

• My Nawai Ohana:

My mother is Josephine Rintoul. My grand mother was Isabella Lawrence or Lorenz and my grandfather was William Nawai Jr.

My grandmother parents: Mary E. Garcia and Joe F Lawrence or Lorenz.

My great grand father was also named William Nawai and my great grand mother is Kealoha Kama.

My great great grand father was Nawai and my great great grand mother was Mealeana.

My grand fathers others brothers and sisters are John, Hatti, Lucy, Hakalaau, Loka and Annie.

Others that are in my Ohana are: Mary Haake, Joseph Sylva, Lin Kauhane, Antone Kroger, Alice Noonoo, Samuel Kroger, Mary {Meeleana} Kamaka, George Kaha, James Kanana, Nobel Kauhane.

Other surnames include Kekipi, Kahele, Kaha, Moy Lau, Perreira, Cardoza, Bailey, Joqquin, Sofa, Taylor, Pau'ala, Kuahane, Kanana, Rintoul, Kroger and Tim Layser. My Grandfathers sister Lucy married George Kaha and their children are: Facko, Ben, Samuel, Mikele, Kacha, Panani and Kamien, Gabriel, Jon..

Gabriel married Irene Kekipi.

Isabella Lawrence/Lorenz brothers and sisters are: Marie, Manuel, Rose, Rosey Lucia, Vincia.

Nobel Roman Kauhane is my mother’s Nephew {is my first cousin} his mother was Anne Nawai. Their children we think are: Skye Kauhane, Leilani Kauhane, Kimberly Kauhane, Leialoha Hendrix. {Noble Kauhane’s parents were Annie Nawai and Luis Kauhane}. :o) pineapple

• Aloha I'm Russell Pineapple Rintoul here is my Nawai Ohana:

My Nawai Ohana:

My mother is Josephine Rintoul. My grand mother was Isabella Lawrence or Lorenz and my grandfather was William Nawai Jr.

My grandmother parents: Mary E. Garcia and Joe F Lawrence or Lorenz.

My great grand father was also named William Nawai and my great grand mother is Kealoha Kama.

My great great grand father was Nawai and my great great grand mother was Mealeana.

My grand fathers others brothers and sisters are John, Hatti, Lucy, Hakalaau, Loka and Annie.

Others that are in my Ohana are: Mary Haake, Joseph Sylva, Lin Kauhane, Antone Kroger, Alice Noonoo, Samuel Kroger, Mary {Meeleana} Kamaka, George Kaha, James Kanana, Nobel Kauhane.

Other surnames include Kekipi, Kahele, Kaha, Moy Lau, Perreira, Cardoza, Bailey, Joqquin, Sofa, Taylor, Pau'ala, Kuahane, Kanana, Rintoul, Kroger and Tim Layser. My Grandfathers sister Lucy married George Kaha and their children are: Facko, Ben, Samuel, Mikele, Kacha, Panani and Kamien, Gabriel, Jon..

Gabriel married Irene Kekipi.

Isabella Lawrence/Lorenz brothers and sisters are: Marie, Manuel, Rose, Rosey Lucia, Vincia.

Nobel Roman Kauhane is my mother’s Nephew {is my first cousin} his mother was Anne Nawai. Their children we think are: Skye Kauhane, Leilani Kauhane, Kimberly Kauhane, Leialoha Hendrix. {Noble Kauhane’s parents were Annie Nawai and Luis Kauhane}.

• ALOHA KAKAHIAKA! HERE'S MINE:

KALAMA- EMPAYNADO - PARUNGAO- PAIAULANI- MAKEKAU - KEAWE - KALEOHANO
    KAHELE - SOLIVEN - LOPEZ -KAAEKUAHIWI - KANAKAOKAWAI - LEIALOHA - KAUHANE

• What are your connections to Kauhane and Keawe?
    • Nobel Roman Kauhane is my mother’s Nephew {is my first cousin} his mother was Anne Nawai. Their children we think are: Skye Kauhane, Leilani Kauhane, Kimberly Kauhane, Leialoha Hendrix. {Noble Kauhane’s parents were Annie Nawai and Luis Kauhane}. mahalo :o) pineapple

• Here's mine:

Kaho'onei

Hatchie

Kapoi/Kapeemu/Kakoi

Kamaile

Nawehie

Mahoe

• Aloha Ikaika..Mahalo for the feedback. I've met quite a few Kahoonei ohana members over the years. The ones I 've met have roots out of Kauai. The name Kapoi, I have some info on a Kapoi that are connected to the Limahana Ohana out of the Keauhou, N. Kona area. According to what I have on hand is that they connect to the Ikaika (nice coincidence?) ohana that came out of Kona like I said but most of them have moved to the outer islands. Let me know if you are of this line, they are planning a gathering and I can connect you to a line representative. It would help if all of us would add on the island or area of ohana roots. My great grandmother on my dad's side was Mahoe. I have just started the research on her. Do let me know if I can be of help insharing what I have. I am also on Facebook. Are you of Oahu at present? Do keep connected for ohana purposes..mahalo again ..huihou NT 

• Aloha e Florence,

It's kind of difficult to trace for my 'ohana a lot of it has been lost along the way, and I'm trying to pick up the pieces.

The Kaho'onei that I am related to is Eliza, who married Hatchie, and then remarried to Aimoku.  However, the confusing part before that is that there was stories that she was from O'ahu, but later I discovered that she was from Waimea, Kaua'i so I'm unaware which one is actually true.  Although it would be something if it is the same 'ohana that you have known.  I never got to meet her or my kupunakane before they both passed, and also don't know where her final resting place is.

But with the Kapoi name that is another that is shrouded in mystery - but from what I have picked up is that it is from Christine Kilikina Kapoi/Kakoi - the LDS people weren't exactly sure which spelling was accurate - but came from Ka'u, so maybe there's a connection there.

But as far as the rest of the names go, I'm unfortunately unaware of what islands they all come from except that the Hatchie name is from O'ahu, Kaho'onei is supposed to be from Kaua'i....and the rest are all unknown but parents of the Kaho'onei / Hatchie relatives.

Mahalo nui loa for your kokua!!!

This reply was deleted.