Biz as in directory or direction?

I've been wanted to see a maoli business directory for some time now but not sure if this is for listing businesses we or for talking about our 'biz nazz' as in where we're heading culturally. Probably the later but is there a place for the former?

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well, let's figure out how to do the former. I'll make some configuration changes here to allow us to develop a database of Hawaiian businesses. How would you define criteria for inclusion in the directory?
    • to my knowledge - KS Alumni have one directory out and OHA used to publish a Native Hawaiian business directory. Not sure if the Native Hawaiian Chamber of Commerce has a members directory out on their website.

I think some minimum criteria to allow would be contact name, title, company name, description of goods or services, email, phone, fax, etc. , email, website and perhap a field for 'specials' for Maoliworld members.

I think a resource like this would be so valuable.

i'd still love to see the group keep to the posted group mission of discussing sustainability, training of future workforce, perhaps also when we have critical mass - having a weekly or monthly featured business or entrepreneur of the week.
    • I would love to support other kanaka businesses and am all for going local, especially with our economics. That's such a core element of sustainability, helping each other by providing or receiving goods and services within our own community.

There is a project that I am working on in my community which is a services barter board. The idea is that we place a bulletin board in one of our high traffic areas and allow people to place an index card describing their services there. No services are for sale, only trade. This increases the interaction between areas residents and builds a local commerce base outside of the federal currency. I'll let you know more as the project moves ahead, probably done in a few weeks. Perhaps an element of this could be realized on the site. I'll think more about that one.

As far as focus goes, I love the idea of discussing sustainability as it relates since it's my current focus.

Mahalo for the mana`o...
    • Keone that's a great project. Let's brainstorm how to incorporate something like that here. Basically a bulletin board where people can exchange services –– and are you using a common community currency, like the LETS or Ithaca Dollars systems?
This reply was deleted.