Lomilomi for our keiki

Aloha kakou! I have 3 little ones who love lomilomi and wanted to know if anyone has insights into good techniques specific for babies and children.

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• All around best and safest combo-
    first the nape of the neck, one min.
    then the scalp, ears, one min.
    palms, hands, one min.
    soles, ankles, feet, one min.
    nape of neck, one min.
    pau.

This order focuses on mostly the reflex points, with attention to the relaxing of the mind- the neck.
    reapet three times for amazing benefit, then go sleep. No need be hard, just use loving intentions and joyful spirits. Always drink water before/after getting a massage.

aloha e malama pono,
    kaiks
    • Aloha Kaiks,

Mahalo for sharing this info and the lomi opu. VEry helpful for me 2. E malama pono, Lynette
    • Mahalo Kaiks! I was at my Grandma`s house the other day and she scolded me for turning my baby upside down. She said an uncle almost died as a baby from a twisted stomach. So I asked if she`d heard of lomi `opu where the baby`s stomach was wrapped. She said sure, there was a Portugese woman in Kalihi who was the one who saved my uncle. Have you heard of this?
    • Lomi 'opu is a very powerful approach that should be performed with the utmost reverence. Many massage modalities focus on relaxing the abdomen for good reasons. I met a kupuna who could massage and flip a baby inside the womb to correct the babies positioning. As for direct lomi to a baby's opu, I am not experienced. I do massage opu, though not in the manner one would imagine.
      For lomi the baby you shouldn't turn them upside down, but rather, place them on their side, in the fetal position. A pillow to support their head, and gentle rocking with your motions. Switch sides every few minutes.

Remember that their are health benefits from any massage, but there are also more benefits that only an experienced massage therapist can attain. So I work with what I know I can do, then try to grow from there.

mahalo for the chance to share my passion, lomilomi aloha!

aloha,
      kaiks
This reply was deleted.