Programs and Support

Aloha, I was just wondering if anyone out there knew of treatment programs that are culturally-focused, and have been known to work...especially for Hawaiian men.

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• please watch videos for a chance to win prizes and contest
    clik on advertisers links to win
    not responsible for contest rules or game play

email me at merchantmansmith@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/Amani Smith
    www.facebook.com/Sufferahsmusic
    www.twitter.com/Sufferahsmusic
    www.hotlinemastering.com <~~ visit for the best mastering prices in the world
    from arguably one of the worlds best mastering engineers SONIN
  • Aloha,
    My name is Hyimeen Akiona and reside in Wai'anae. Ho'omau Ke Ola is culturally appropriate for our people. To include residential or intensive out patient treatment. They also have a therapeutic living program. Admin is located directly accross Waianae Mc Donalds. Ph: 808 696-4266. Most importantly, our people will know who they are, where they come from and formulate where they will go in life.
    Hope this is helpful.
  • This may also be of some help. http://www.wcchc.com/MainCampus.aspx

There are other places I remember coming across on the internet but it's been awhile so I'll have to do some searching. I'll post it if I find anything.
  • From the Native Hawaiian Healthcare Site:
    http://www.nativehawaiianhealth.net/moku/Oahu.cfm

Ko‘olauloa Community Health & Wellness Center

Overview
    Ko‘olauloa Community Health and Wellness Center (KCHWC), a private, non-profit, community-based Federally Qualified Health Center, was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) in October 2003. Prior to that, community members met for years discussing the needs and the lack of primary care services in the Ko’olauloa area. KCHWC opened its doors to patients on November 1, 2004.

Services
    KCHWC provides acute care (injuries, infections, etc.), chronic care (management of high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, etc.), physical exams (school, sports, work, women’s annual including pap, well baby and child care, etc.), immunizations, family planning (brochures, classes, contraceptives, STD screening, etc.), minor surgery (lacerations, skin biopsies, draining boils, etc.), mental health counseling, podiatry (foot care), Native Hawaiian Healing, home visits, case management, and eligibility/outreach services. Oral health (dental), nutrition, and substance abuse services will be offered in the near future.

Special Populations/Health Issues
    Target populations include the poor, underinsured, uninsured, homeless, Native Hawaiians, Pacific Islanders, immigrants, agricultural workers, youth and the elderly. Native Hawaiians have the poorest heath statistics compared to other ethnic groups including the highest death rates of all, high disability rates secondary to stroke and cerebro-vascular conditions, high rates of hypertension, twice the obesity rates, the highest cancer mortality rates, extremely high rates of diabetes – more than 5 times more than non-Hawaiians between 19-35 years old. Other health concerns include obesity, diabetes, asthma, poor dental health, drug abuse, inadequate prenatal care and teen births.

Contact
    Mailing Address (for both sites)
    P.O. Box 395
    Kahuku, HI 96731
    Phone: (808) 293-9216
    Fax: (808) 293-1171

Kahuku Site
    56-565 Kamehameha Highway
    Kahuku, HI 96731

Hau‘ula Site
    54-316 Kamehameha Highway
    Hau‘ula, HI 96717

Executive Director: Charles G. Braden, Jr.
    Chief Financial Officer: Uyanga Batzogs
    Medical Director: Miriam Chang. MD
  • aloha kaua e Pauahi, aloha kakou!

mahalo, Pauahi, for the crucial info...itʻs good to know that there are effective programs out there...Iʻll pass along the info for those who may need it....

Hanaloa
  • OOPS! I accidentally deleted the reply I was just reading! It was really helpful too. So sorry, can you re-post that in case other people wanted to read it too. Mahalo :)
    • Mahalo for writing AGAIN! I, as well as many other people Iʻm sure, needed to know this.
This reply was deleted.