u.s. supreme court to hear ceded lands case

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 U.S. Supreme Court to hear ceded lands case The U.S. Supreme Court today agreed to hear a case involving attempts by the state of Hawai'i to sell portions of ceded lands on Maui and the Big Island to private, residential developers. * * * _______ My responses to this story - Deeded? No way. Ceded? By Whom? Tried to by the Republic of Hawaii. Where did it get its title? It didnt' have any. Annexation? It never happened. The myth continues, for instance, on the McKinley statue at McKinley H.S., which labels the document he holds as "Treaty!" There was NO treaty. A resolution is domestic and only has the force of law, if any, within the boundaries of the sponsoring nation. The "Resolution of Annexation" was powerless in Hawai'i. While treaties are "the supreme law of the land" - the u.s. does not live by its treaties. Never fear, the Supreme Court will find a way to continue the myth. However, if the so-called "ceded lands trust" is found to be unconstitutional - Should the Statehood Act also be found unconstitutional? Or can the Court - as in Pearl Harbor - support cancellation of the treaty - yet allow the u.s. to not only keep the "use" of it, but allow the u.s. to claim good title? Manifest Destiny is alive! Unfortunately, this appeal gives the u.s. supreme court the wherewithal to make legal what all the misrepresentation, deception and fraud wreaked upon the subjects of the Hawaiian Kingdom and the Kingdom - by the illegal Overthrow, the Annexation that never took place, and the cession, by an entity without interest or title, of the so-called "ceded" lands (the stolen Hawaiian Kingdom lands. A possible outcome of this appeal, based on racial equality - for me - may cancel one of my major reasons for opposing the so-called "Akaka" Bill - to keep the stolen lands out of the hands of the u.s. and the so-called state of hawaii. Again - Justice is elusive. But - I suppose - this is how dastardly folks can steal a Kingdom, its lands, and unconstitutionally make americans out of hawaiians. But - holdouts like me - refuse to play this game. Onipa'a!!!!

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• As an Hawaiian national I would like to warn Guatemalans about the U.S. apology on syphilis. When the USA "apologizes" watch out ! When the United Church of Christ is involved it gets worse still. We Hawaiians lost
    1, 800, 000 acres of land to the USA over a so- called "apology" !! Beware ! Americans are treacherous !

http://www.thetakeaway.org/2010/oct/04/medical-experiments-conducte...

Americans as young as 9 years old show signs of fascist futures. "Enslave or be enslaved." This their "culture" !

So0- called "recognition" , which seems to be on every kanaka's lips, will be just like "apology". "Oh the Hawaiians misunderstood what recognition really meant ! Kanakas are like that. Even the simplest things they get all confused. You talk with a kanaka about the Sun; the kanaka will think you are talking about the moon instead !"

Kanakas will be wondering "How the hell did we end up in The Bureau of Indian Affairs ??"
    http://www.bia.gov/

"implementation of land and water claim settlements"
  • March 31, 2009
    U.S. Supreme Court takes back the Apology !! Brilliant move. The Apology is a self- incriminating LAW. The black-birding PIRATES are so confident and arrogant that they incriminate themselves all the time. The Hawaiian case gets stronger in certain areas yet the pirates make steady advances in other areas. The pseudo- State turned right around and passed laws taking powers over the 1.8 million acres in question that they never before had. Thank you OHA ! Will OHA assume any responsibility for this loss which they were involved in ?? OHA boldly calls March 31st a "victory" ! Our Queen would ask for the heads of Hawaiians who seem to be weakening the KIngdom's case. Would Our Queen choose to go into the U.S. Department of the Interior Bureau of Indian Affairs ?? ....for regular checks mailed out ??
  • The topic is very much alive.

We have questioned the elected officials in an open letter in The Garden Island to make a public statement as to where they stand in the matter of the stolen land. Kanaka on all islands should question their mayors publicly similarly to this:
    An open letter to elected representatives

Honorable Sens. Akaka and Inouye, Reps. Hirono and Abercombie, and Mayor Carvalho:

The people of this state and Kaua‘i have entrusted you with their affairs. By the laws of Hawai‘i and the Charter of Kaua‘i you are to represent the people who have elected you to your distinguished offices.

Since we facilitated your being placed in your current position, may we respectfully ask you to publicly reveal your position on the current appeal attempt by Gov. Linda Lingle in the ceded lands case.

Please tell us if you support Lingle’s action to go to Washington, D.C., to the U.S. Supreme Court with the intent to request to turn over the decision of the Hawai‘i Supreme Court on the ceded lands issue.

We and thousands of Kaua‘i residents are eager to know.

Being this issue is current, you already must have formed your opinion, so you just need to let The Garden Island know it within the week and let them inform your constituents — we deserve that much.

Mahalo nui loa!

• János Samu, Katy Rose and Raymond Catania, Co-founders of Kaua‘i Alliance of Peace and Social Justice
This reply was deleted.