Movement for Aloha No ka Aina (MANA) Inaugural Meeting Saturday, May 10, 2008 9:30 am – Noon Oahu location TBA Aloha aina iā kākou pakahi ā pau: Over the past several years, myself and others have asked the question – "How do we build the capacity and potency of the Hawaiian sovereignty movement?" Or, put more aptly: "How do we put the move back into movement?" As part of the answer to that question, we are building an organization dedicated to building the grassroots base of our movement. MANA will be active in many aspects of society, culture and politics, from direct action to international diplomacy. But most importantly, MANA will work in the community to develop leaders and build a base of support for independence, demilitarization, and human rights. A lot of people have put substantial time and effort into developing MANA's platform and mission statement, and we'll be finalizing these documents on Saturday. We'll also be working on an action plan for this year. I will post these draft documents on our website in the next couple of days. Please set aside time to be with us for this important meeting. (I'm hoping that we'll also be able to provide conference-call capabilities for those on another islands [or continents!].) Aloha aina, Ikaika

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry, there's been a change in date to Friday May 9 at 5 pm. More details in your email.
This reply was deleted.