u.s. supreme court to hear ceded lands case

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 U.S. Supreme Court to hear ceded lands case The U.S. Supreme Court today agreed to hear a case involving attempts by the state of Hawai'i to sell portions of ceded lands on Maui and the Big Island to private, residential developers. * * * _______ My responses to this story - Deeded? No way. Ceded? By Whom? Tried to by the Republic of Hawaii. Where did it get its title? It didnt' have any. Annexation? It never happened. The myth continues, for instance, on the McKinley statue at McKinley H.S., which labels the document he holds as "Treaty!" There was NO treaty. A resolution is domestic and only has the force of law, if any, within the boundaries of the sponsoring nation. The "Resolution of Annexation" was powerless in Hawai'i. While treaties are "the supreme law of the land" - the u.s. does not live by its treaties. Never fear, the Supreme Court will find a way to continue the myth. However, if the so-called "ceded lands trust" is found to be unconstitutional - Should the Statehood Act also be found unconstitutional? Or can the Court - as in Pearl Harbor - support cancellation of the treaty - yet allow the u.s. to not only keep the "use" of it, but allow the u.s. to claim good title? Manifest Destiny is alive! Unfortunately, this appeal gives the u.s. supreme court the wherewithal to make legal what all the misrepresentation, deception and fraud wreaked upon the subjects of the Hawaiian Kingdom and the Kingdom - by the illegal Overthrow, the Annexation that never took place, and the cession, by an entity without interest or title, of the so-called "ceded" lands (the stolen Hawaiian Kingdom lands. A possible outcome of this appeal, based on racial equality - for me - may cancel one of my major reasons for opposing the so-called "Akaka" Bill - to keep the stolen lands out of the hands of the u.s. and the so-called state of hawaii. Again - Justice is elusive. But - I suppose - this is how dastardly folks can steal a Kingdom, its lands, and unconstitutionally make americans out of hawaiians. But - holdouts like me - refuse to play this game. Onipa'a!!!!

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• March 31,  2009

The U.S. Supreme Court takes back the Apology !!  Ruthless.

The Hawai'i State Supreme Court was "wrong" to cite the Apology.

The FAKEstate turns right around and takes POWER over 1, 200, 000 acres !

OHA asks credit for this tremendous VICTORY !!!!

The Hawaiians hit the lotus flowers to forget about it ASAP.

• e Ku, Thru an Act of War, United States invaded and occupied the Hawaiian Kingdom on January 16, 1893. Every actions taken after January 16, 1893 has no lawful jurisdiction of law. I've read the U.S. Supreme Court Transcript and things are looking good for our people. It will be interesting what will be the Opinion of the U.S. Supreme Court. Ceded Lands, Stolen Lands or Public Lands Trust are the Hawaiian Sovereign National Lands of the Hawaiian Kingdom nation.
    Long Live The Hawaiian Kingdom. o Pomaikaiokalani
  • The Joint Resolution of Annexation of the Hawaiian Islands is in violation of the Constitution of the United States. Joint Resolutions are used to bring into the union New States, not new Territories. New Territories can only be brought into the union thru Treaties. The Joint Resolution of Annexation of the Hawaiian Islands brought the Hawaiian Islands into the union as a new Territory, not as a New State. It will be interesting how the Supreme Court will rule in favor of the State of Hawaii based on the State's defense of the Joint Resolution of Annexation of the Hawaiian Islands. An illegal act passed by the Congress of the United States. Long Live The Hawaiian Kingdom.
  • The more we assert ourselves; the more people will come to accept it. In spite of what the U.S. American courts continue to do, they cannot deny the truth. When AG Bennet enlisted other states to submit an amicus bried; they all did it under the premise of the fraud and myths. To them it sounds logical because it protects their interest within their states. The problem with that is they cite laws and actions within their country which is non-applicable in terms of Hawai'i. It's true the U.S. is flippant with its trust, honor, and morality. Their treaties are as vacuous as the paper it's written on. The defense attorney should insistently and persistently bring up the Newlands RESOLUTION and the Ku'e Petitions amounting to over 40,000 voter signatures protesting the U.S. actions and discredit all the arguments which the plaintiffs bring up.

So I join you in refusing to play their insidious game. Onipa'a pu!
    • Tane, you must stand for what is right. We have long been told over and over again, what was done to us and voicing dissent is not enough if our hearts is only half way. No good comes from half hearted attempts, no matter how hard we try. True, the defense attorney should be insistent and persistent but as you know, these are Americans who claim their American birthrights. Games played can only be played by those playing but are we?..Stand, stand, stand!! My great grandfather's name was Joseph Keiliihokula KUEMAKA Makanani. His beautiful eyes were not blinded to what was going on in his day and neither are we, nor shall we be led blinded by those who only want to see what their MAKA wants to see...aloha...nani
  • Aloha kaua,
    Mahalo, people need to hear the truth. It is sad when the people in power will not do the right thing. It feels almost useless to resist tyranny, it is much easier to be complacent. I will walk the rough road, onipa'a!!!. Mahalo maoli for your mana'o.
    • Ae Kuali'i ...the sadness is not that they do not hear for akua gave people two ears, no? So the hearing is not the problem. It is the heart. When you eat food, it goes down your throat, into your intestines and comes out as feces. This is not bad. It is what comes out of the heart, for the heart lies, wicked reasonings, deception, lies and coveteousness. Say a lie twenty times and after awhile, you believe it to be true and you will die for truth, right? So too, our brothers, sisters and fathers fought for what they were led to believe was true after all, did it not come from one who dressed in white suit, waving the red, white and blue? Remember, propaganda played an important part in wars to keep people fighting over what they believed was right and where did they hear it? Where do you think?...mahalo....onipa'a
This reply was deleted.