For Voting Hawaiians

Aloha mai kakou, Wanted to share the various options that those of us who are Hawaiian and believe in Hawaiian Sovereignty have when it comes to voting for president in a couple weeks. If you chose not to participate in the presidential elections of the occupier, great. If you are not voting because you are impressed with neither McCain or Obama read on. If you are voting for Obama because you think he's neat or in order to vote against McCain as well as the past 8 years of Bush, keep in mind that Hawaii is not a swing state. Obama is going to take this state of Hawaii which means that you have a bit more freedom or 'chosing room' when it comes to how you cast your vote. Another person that you may want to consider giving your vote to is Cynthia McKinney who is on the ballot representing the Green Party. Of course she is not going to win but if they receive a certain small percentage of the votes, their American govt. increases the federal funding for their party and here is why we might think that is a good idea. Here is the Green Party of Hawaii's platform on Justice For Kanaka Maoli from their website at http://www. greenhawaii. org/platform. htm E. Justice For Na Ka'naka Maoli, "Native Hawaiians" Hawai..i's history since Captain Cook is marked by the assault on the Islands' indigenous culture and people by missionaries, soldiers, traders, and businessmen. In 1893, U.S. troops aided American businessmen in forcibly overthrowing the legitimate government of Queen Lili..uokalani. The national landbase and sovereignty of na k™naka maoli were taken. Since illegal annexation in 1898, the Federal and State governments have cheated and neglected the native Hawaiian people. In 1993, the U.S. Congress passed and President Clinton signed into law the "Apology Bill." (U.S. Public Law 103-150) This admission of crime states in part "the native Hawaiians have never lost their inherent sovereignty nor their national home base." Greens demand justice for na k™naka maoli. We support the following: Protecting sacred and culturally significant sites Efforts to nurture native Hawaiian culture Na kanaka maoli leadership and guardianship in protecting gathering rights and lobbying the Legislature to safeguard these rights without interference Return of, or adequate compensation for, Ceded Lands Immediate distribution of Hawaiian Homelands; Federal and State funds to be allocated for the necessary infrastructure A prohibition of future sale or diminishments of the Ceded Land trust A call for open dialogue among all residents of Hawai..i on the sovereignty option of full independence Hawaiian sovereignty in a form fair to both native Hawaiians and other citizens of Hawai..i Back to me, Ilima. The democrats also address Kanaka Maoli issues on their website which i'll provide at the end but as we all know, our state Dems see the Akaka Bill as the answer and Obama has promised to sign it. I do not know, however, what the GP's platform in on the Akaka Bill. I called them and left a message. Last thing. Don't get me wrong. I'm not looking for the next foreign party who can take care of us or lead us out of oppression or into active sovereignty, only We can and will do that. However, this may be an opportunity to influence the greater political atmosphere in a way that will be beneficial to our fight. Lets not believe that the Dems or Obama are our only or best american political allies. Malama pono kakou! Oh and here da dems site. http://www. hawaiidemocrats. org/native-hawaiian-people-and-culture. html Sponsored Links Buy Hula Girls DVD Japan Academy Award Winner Yu Aoi Music by Jake Shimabukuro www.Viz-Pictures.com

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ALOHA Kaua, e Ikaika, When Prince Kuhio was forming the Hawaiian Civic Clubs, he told our people that " We must learn the way of the Haole so that we can lead our selves instead of being lead by others." Change is happening all over the world. Right home here in Hawaii, we the Kanaka Maoli Hawaii is making a Big Change in how the rights of our people are being handled by those in power. On Oahu, I see the 'Ahupua'a O Kahana issue as the beginning of bring our people who are True to the rights of our Kanaka Maoli forward as a Nation. On each other our islands there are issues of those islands that bring their people together. On Oahu I see 'Ahupua'a O Kahana as our issue here. Notice that I say, 'Ahupua'a O Kahana. As it is said, Think 'Ahupua'a.
  • Justice For Na Ka'naka Maoli, "Native Hawaiians"Our identity is Kanaka Maoli not Native Hawaiian.

To identify oneself (Kanaka Maoli) as a Native Hawaiian is to say:

Native - I was born within the jurisdiction of the United States (a private, for profit, plundering corporation made up of nothing, has no piko).

Hawaiian - we have searched and searched the original documents, he kumukanawai, palapala sila nui, palapala hooko, legislative (de jure) documents and cannot find anywhere that we are identified as "Hawaiian."

If you identify yourself as a "Native Hawaiian" you identify yourself as within the jurisdiction of the United States and are subject to all of their codes (not laws, private corporations cannot make laws, they can only issue office memo's).

indigenous-how insulting. I am not indigenous and neither were our ancestor's. When you look at what Kamehameha Ekolu put into place for Kanaka Maoli, the Mahele, our Constitution, when you look at how we had a very well balanced system where everyone ate, had time to have fun, when you look at the records that show how quickly Kanaka Maoli learned English, the bible, and not only studied the united States but other countries as well...then you know that indigenous cannot touch us!

forcibly overthrowing the legitimate government of Queen Lili..uokalani.
    - we were not overthrown. That is a myth. Our Constitutional Queen did not budge.

The national landbase and sovereignty of na k™naka maoli were taken.-They would like us to think it was taken. It was not. Kanaka Maoli still hold all of the Palapala Sila Nui, Palapala Hooko. There are no United States patents here in the archipelago of Ko Hawaii Pae Aina.

native Hawaiian- Now we are using the lower case "n" instead of the capital "N". What is the lower case "n?" It means that you have 50% Kanaka Maoli blood flowing through your veins. Capital "N" means that you are a Hawaiian that lives here which is anyone.

In 1993, the U.S. Congress passed and President Clinton signed into law the "Apology Bill." (U.S. Public Law 103-150) - It is not a law, it is an office memo, a code. Please look closely at the language they use to identify us: indigenous, aborigine, native Hawaiian, Native Hawaiian, everything BUT Kanaka Maoli, our original and true identity that connects us to the aina. Look at how they identify our nation, State of Hawaii, Kingdom of Hawaii (I know there is a lot of attachment to identifying with Kingdom of Hawaii but nowhere in our original documents does it say "Kingdom of Hawaii." Kingdom, if broken down means Monarchy. We were not a Monarchy, we were a Constitutional Monarchy. There is a huge difference. As a Monarchy we could have been overthrown. Indentifying our nation as a Monarchy tells the world that we could be overthrown when in reality we were a Constitutional Monarchy. Our nation was identified as Ko Hawaii Pae Aina and in no way can it be translated to mean "Kingdom of Hawaii."

Na kanaka maoli leadership and guardianship in protecting gathering rights and lobbying the Legislature to safeguard these rights without interference-We do not need to lobby anything to the Legislature formed out of nothing, has nothing, is nothing.

Return of, or adequate compensation for, Ceded Lands
    -WHAT CEDED LANDS? There's so much talk about that, where are these ceded lands located? "CEDED LANDS: complete falsehood, de facto illegal term, none exist at all; used when attempting to justify the annexation myth, without proof of a cession, there can be no ceded lands, double falsity; if and when, illegal use of an illegal term to falsify; false, illegal, unproven, unconstitutional, criminal, identity fraud, foreign incorrect literary assertion without factual, substantial proven evidence; inapplicable to the Constitutional, Unacquired Royal Patented Nation of Ko Hawaii Pae Aina; there is No instrument of transfer of private Crown lands, No transfer of Certificates of Titles, Royal Patents or otherwise of any property whatsoever; no authority existed in the self proclaimed illegitimate "republic of Hawaii"group to remove privately owned property in the possession of nationals and suddenly call them "ceded lands" on July 7, 1898; the real parties-in-interest, the nationals of Ko Hawaii Pae Aina never transferred any property whatsoever to the "republic of Hawaii" group or their contract partner - the de facto United States; No property ever became allegedly "ceded". kohawaiipaeaina.net

Immediate distribution of Hawaiian Homelands; Federal and State funds to be allocated for the necessary infrastructure-Dowling, one of the biggest, greediest developers in our archipelago of Ko Hawaii Pae Aina is jumping up and down for joy with this one. He gets to hold more notes!!! Federal and State funds? Where do they get their supposed funds from...Kanaka Maoli...the nation of Ko Hawaii Pae Aina (advanced information).

A prohibition of future sale or diminishments of the Ceded Land trust
    -We won't have to worry about that, it has already been established that there are no ceded land. Ok, this is how it works. First, there has to have been a transfer of jurisdiction from the nation of Ko Hawaii Pae Aina to the United States. There are 6 missing transfers, there is absolutely no proof of transfer and if there was one why do the Palapala Sila Nui and Palapala Hooko not say United States Patents? Are there United States patents here? Aole! Kamehameha Ekolu in his wisdom (he was not indigenous and neither are we) put into place koe nae na kuleana o na Kanaka leaving no lands that were public. All, even Crown, Government, and Konohiki land belonged to THE PEOPLE! Not to one individual.

Hawaiian sovereignty in a form fair to both native Hawaiians and other citizens of Hawai..i
    - Were they fair? Can we go to another country, live there and demand fairness, can we demand that Japan sell me, a Kanaka Maoli land? In light of what is being exposed in the United States by united States of America nationals I would say that the "other citizens of Hawaii" are more fully protected by the treaties between Ko Hawaii Pae Aina and the united States of America.

I'm not looking for the next foreign party who can take care of us or lead us out of oppression or into active sovereignty, only We can and will do that-Mahalo nui for this statement. I'd like to add that it is not that we "will" do that, WE ARE doing that already. It is taking place now. It is an exciting time for Kanaka Maoli!
    • Im right there with you! Though the GPHawaii platform on Hawaiian issues may be better than any other American political party's, it is still full of ignorance, arrogance and indoctinating lingo that perpetuates memory erasure and a distorted reality. This is simply meant to give those who are already voting for pro war, pro Palestinian occupation, pro militarization Obama something else to think about when they cast their vote. You should consider sending what your wrote about to the GPH too. Malama.
  • Mahalo Ilima -- I was having the same thought earlier today.
  • Aloha 'Ilima,

Mahalo for bringing these facts to light. I'm voting absentee ballot and will definetly look more into what has been written here.

Mahalo Nui,

Keahi
This reply was deleted.