Superferry II: The Hawai'i Island Chronicles

Superferry II: The Hawai'i Island Chronicles All I can say is that moku o Keawe better step up to the plate and KU'E!!! Start rallying to stop it now. Get petitions signed, rally up the local community, get the Big Island boys to use those big ass diesel trucks and lock up those harbors. Come on Keaukaha, where you at? You like them come rob all your fish, your he'e, and your opihi? Where you at Puna? You want people coming over there to steal your plentiful growth of lehua trees and koa. I hear lehua makes great hard wood floors. Stand up for your 'aina! Ku'e! And Kona, what will happen when truck loads of pohaku from the major heiau's and ancient places start disappearing for construction projects on O'ahu. Give it your all and give the superferry something to think about. Ku'e! Lock down your own island. That is the only way that you are going to do it. Kaua'i was able to lock down our island, and we are still going to lock it down because we care so much about our environment and the precious resources that are already being raped by the county, state and united states government. Any U.S. government officials that call themselves preservationists are LIARS! They are only preserving it so they can make the best use out of it when you're gone. Ku'e! The Superferry can't afford another catastrophic blow to their already seemingly sinking economic hull. Ku'e!!! That's all I know to say. Yes, the waters have calmed some since the explosion of emotion when it first tried to butt it's way in here on Kaua'i, but people are still talking about it. And most people still say they can, they will, and they want to live without it. What I've heard is that Superferry: The Sequel is about to launch from Alabama harbors and start making its way west toward Hawai'i. So ready yourself Hawai'i island for the big, big ku'e! You want what's happening and will continue to happen on Maui? You want your island to turn into that kind of mess? Get on the ball and stop that boat even before it makes its headway in the waters off the coast of Alabama. Think smart! Stop that piece of metal trash before it makes its way to Hawai'i. Ku'e now or it will be too late! If Kaua'i can, then Hawai'i can, can, can! Yes, we need self-sustainable, inexpensive, interisland travel, but at what cost? At the cost of our island's resources and the DLNR attempting to do their job when they can barely enforce themselves. At the cost of rising gas prices and state taxes being taken from your paycheck to pay for gas in a vehicle that has only incurred low passenger service. At the cost of the Lingle's mistake in thinking Superferry was a great idea. 'A'ole it wasn't, it isn't, it won't ever be a great idea. Ku'e! So, ku'e moku o keawe, ku'e!!! Hale Mawae Eo Lono!

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Replies

• Sewerferry main goal is to tranzport Military ! "H4" Connecting Military Bases on all Islands.
    It was Funded by Military for the Military .
    • Aloha Pono,

Mahalo KeAkua at least one moa person knows the pilikia of this...initially I thought this could be a cheaper way for local people to travel..However, when I got wind of what the real use of this not so Supa Ferry I changed my mind..Do most know, that the owner is an ex-Naval croonie..and the under the table ventures that this provisional government litigates to promote their furthering nuclear activity? What about the little uranium spill we had over here which was covered up...and to further ensue insult to injury "they" haven't cleaned up their act from WWII ...look Kahoolawe..look Puhakuloa...and everywhere else they have contaminated..

Such a blatant act of genocide when at first they stole land now they contaminate it, then kill the life of our oceans by depleting resources that our ancestors maintained? Ku'e! For many here, the ocean is their life source..fish becoming scarce.. Ku'e! Newly found sea creatures...hm mutant by pollution? Ku'e Large under the ocean pods developed a so called new species of fish being fed contaminated food source from China..Ku'e
      produced millions of dollars of revenue in one year..fish produced for world consumption..GENOCIDE..Ku'e!

Jeff, mentioned the EIS statement that should have proceeded prior this is true,,,but think about this why so much hakaka? Easy Math..we forget that Young Brothers would be seeing less dollars in their pockets...and while on the subject wouldnt you say they are just as much to blame for the non-existence of species and contamination??? They are! Our harbors in Kona are over crowded with Haoles so called "sports fisherman" who have a major hand in over fishing and you got to ask how and why is this allowed? DLNR, makes allowances for people with money....but let some Kanaka do anything here and it would be front page...and they would be placed in jail..

So perhaps all the prominent Kanaka need to step to the plate so that when one braddah or sistah stay in jail can bail out..and where are Our Kanaka Attorneys to litigate?

Leilani
      • Kawaihae Local Resource Council will be meeting from 2 pm-4 pm on Sunday, November 9.

The topic will be the Hawaii Superferry. A representative from the Superferry will outline plans for Kawaihae docking in 2009. Representatives from the South Kohala Traffic Safety Committee will share concerns and suggestions for traffic issues with the Superferry representative and meeting attendees.

The meeting will take place at Hamakua Macadamia Nut Factory in Kawaihae industrial area.

Please do what you can to attend. The Oversight Task Force has found many issues of concern on O'ahu and Maui, so if we don't want to have the same problems here, we need to get involved in this.

Mahalo,
        Jeff
    • Aloha Pono,

Here's some interesting reading:

http://www.al.com/business/press-register/index.ssf?/base/business/...

Mahalo,
      Jeff
This reply was deleted.