Kawa'a Standoff: Moku o Keawe

Was sent this site for a video clip from a standoff between corporate state officials trying to trespass on the land of a trust of a council of Kupuna on Moku o Keawe. The state hopes to purchase this land without due process and secure it for its corporate entity by simple trespass. Please watch and share with others. http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/20080826kawaa.htm

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Replies

• http://maoliworld.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=2011971%3ATopic%3A12...

EO ! , Hanalei F. in the video was also in the Ku'e Stand off with the Nau'e Iwi's on Kaua'i! was was arrested on warrents by the Kaua'i Police , other warrents still remain yet to be served for all that took part in in Protest on the Destorying Disacreation of our kapuna's iwi's 52 in all so far !...
    Please Show ur Support by Writing the Media , ILLEGAL GOVERNMENT ,FAMILY & FRIENDZ !!! ~ HEWA ~ = a little spray paint of Punch bowl and the USA CALLS ON ITS BIG GUNS " FBI" TO LOOK IN ON THE MATER, BUT WE KANAKA MAOLI TRY TO PREVENT THE DESTRUCTION OF OUR GRAVES & WE GET PUT IN JAIL & PRISON !! IF THAT'S NOT RACIST LAW , I DONT KNOW WHAT IS ? SINCE HAWAI'I IS STILL A SOVEREIGN NATION SINCE 11-23-1843 ,ILLEGALLY OCCUPIED SINCE1-16- 1893 TILL TODAY !
    CHECK IT OUT & PROVE ME WORNG !!!

http://hawaiiankingdom.org

mahalo Pono :)
    • I heard about Hanalei as well as the rest of their arrests. I am going to post a little something about an interesting story of what happened to a reporter here on Kauai, who was detained and questioned here on Kauai to try and implicate others in the case of Joe Brescia VS. WHOEVER STEPS ON TO PROPERTY THAT HE DOESN'T REALLY OWN AT NAUE, BUT ONLY HAS A TITLE GUARANTEE WHICH MEANS NOTHING!

When the illegitimate corporate state stepped on to my jurisdiction and tried to serve a piece of paper that stated a non-living human being name vs. another non-living human being in the state. He simply asked a name, which I simply asked him "on who's authority are you asking," which didn't seem to be the proper protocol he was used to. And after stating his authority, which was coming from a state attorney general in an office of a corporate state that doesn't oversee human beings, I again stated my jurisdiction and asked him again "on who's authority are you asking?"

With that, he threw the fraudulent document he was holding in my general direction, made threats that he would have someone come back to make sure I would adhere to his questions, and he left.

I still reserve the right to exercise my jurisdiction lawfully in Ko Hawaii Pae 'Aina, without having to answer questions to an acting office of person, working for a state attorney general in a corporate state that doesn't have any authority over living human beings.

But all in all I think Joe needs to look at his title again.

Hale Mawae
      Eo Lono!
  • Archaeologist Bob Rectman can not be trusted - nor his afffiliations. Bob was the person who
    initiated contact by mail of their recent visit to Uncle Abe at Kawa'a.

My organization has had face to face contact with Rechtmans in Hawaii Burial Treatment Plans and Contested Case Hearings. He's what I call the Archaeologist Whore of our 'aina. Bob should
    just not be let on the property - the guy doesn't know his findings and he does sloppy work. Don't tell him of anything in the area - if he was soo good at this job he wouldn't have made a mistake saying that an area of significance was a fishing shrine when in fact it was a grave of an ali'i - a 1924 map from Na Ala Hele even proved this as my evidence to Rehtman.

Remember Archaeologist Whores are into money, not preserving any site. He is Pilau.
    • I don't think all Archaeologist's are whores and into money. But I do believe that some of them only have the intent to knowingly grave rob whatever it is they think they can gain profit out of.

While I am not aware of Bob Rectman, nor his practices as an archaeologist I have been faced with problems that resemble what you describe him as. Can we say the corporate affiliate SHPD, which is supposed to stand for the State Historic Preservation Division, but which I have coined as the State Historic Piracy Division.

Since they seem to do more to desecrate and illegally pirate sites since their inception than actually preserve any of our resources. Laura Thielen, Nancy McMahon, Melanie Chinen!

Especially Nancy McMahon, who can't seem to brush her hair let alone take a archaeological comb into the sand where iwi are buried. Even with out getting her hands dirty she seems to be covered in filth with her archaeological practices.

So I feel you.

Hale Mawae
      Eo Lono!
      • I too am aware that not all archaeologist are "Archaeologist Whores". This term is based on the term of "Insurance Whores". Insurance whores are known in the healthcare field as IME's or Independent Medical Examiners - they play on the sides of insurance companies and not the patient's welfare. So my term of "Archaeologist Whores" is based on archaeologist known to side for the special interest parties - into the love of money, not in the best interest of community.

My VP's daughter is a well-known archaeologist and in no way was I being general - it's a specific of those not into the love of people and not into the love of respectiing culture.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on this to understand the term from my end, Mahalo for allowing me to share.
  • Sneaky!

What I also found troubling is the expressions of the trespassers' faces. They have faces of people who do not care yet they seem to act as though they care. To me they seem very fake and sneaky. If it was me I would have told them "You are trespassing. Get off "my" property!!!" I think in a way sometimes we are too nice to the very people who try to run us over because that's exactly what they are trying to do and sad to say... they will never stop.

This doesn't surprise me because they built a WalMart on "DHHL" in Hilo instead of building more homes for home-less Hawaiians. Priorities, priorities... as in "profit" over "the lives of Hawaiians." I'm surprised that they got away with the unauthorized use of our collective personal property and people like Micah Kane allowed them to do so.

I just hope though, Hale, that you and other younger Hawaiians keep it up because once Uncle Able and people like him leave there will only be the younger Hawaiians like you who can speak up. David (Corrigan) too but more so younger Hawaiians like you because no one else can speak for our elders except for those younger ones like you so I hope you folks continue to do what you folks are doing beyond the video ~~

Aloha, L
    • I absolutely agree. I think that is why I have had a calling to do what I am doing now at my age. I feel that others need to step forward and be just as resilient as I have been in standing up for and exercising our rights.

It is not only important. It is a dire must! Our kupuna are disappearing too quickly, I have faced this with the loss of my grandmother this year. And with the amount of knowledge that she carried of mele hawai'i a me na mea hawai'i it made me realize the urgency to resist the onslaught of corporate westerner's on our 'aina.

It's happening everywhere. And at a faster and faster rate. So what do we as kanaka maoli do? Well, there really is only one answer tell people straight that it isn't theirs. I agree. Tell them "Get the F*** off my property!"

Why do we have to continue to be nice, respectful, and peaceful? When they are consciously aware of their disrespect for our people. When they approach us as if they are idiot's who accidentally bumbled along the path. It's a condescending approach at best, and its act of extreme disrespect and one that lacks anything of peace.

"What do you mean I can't come on this property?"

They know exactly what it is they are doing.

Agreed.

Hale Mawae
      Eo Lono!
This reply was deleted.