It could have been done with Aloha,

It could have been done with Aloha, ….. Every Monday morning at 7:05 AM, on KAOI radio 1110AM I do an educational show that reveals terms, words and language being used and try to clarify them in order to help create a worthy viewpoint on our nations viewpoints. It’s called Ka ike o ko Hawaii pae aina, our nations viewpoint. The recent events surrounding the Iolani palace are very disconcerting to a majority of people, both of Hawaii origin and those who simply love it here. The concern is are we ok? And how do we fit in? I think that we are ok, and that we all fit in, with comprehension of our status first. On this morning’s show, we spoke on the topic of Native H/hawaiian and how this term does not connect one to original jurisdiction or to constitutional status. Our constitution protects foreigners in our land and afford them greater access to their own constitution under treaty. An example I used is Kumu hula maintain centuries old chant and choreography, with an unbroken connection to origin and this is like one’s identity, as it should be maintained without break from point of origin to you today and not broken up by a fictional identity. Identity has to remain exactly as it was first created without broken connection in order to properly give the one identified all of the rights, law and privileges of that status, found in the original identity along with the original jurisdiction that gave it shape and form. It can be declared in law as we assist everyone equally to do, today. Laws governing the identity, are held within the original jurisdiction of the nation where it was created. The point is: If you identify yourself as a Native h/Hawaiian = you limit your right, law and status under the guise of a corporation having no connection to the original jurisdiction. (where you find constitutional status). Kanaka maoli are governed by original jurisdiction where that legitimate identity was created, there and only there is where the status of kanaka maoli is accessed. Corporations only have rules, not LAW. Then, we took a look at the Iolani Palace lock-out thing by the “Kingdom of Hawaii Government”, a repeat and even more offensive act against a great symbol of the Constitutional Nation of ko Hawaii pae aina by a Native H/hawaiian group. One has to ask, what is the intent of the action? I gave my viewpoint, as this act as the one before it – could have been done with respect, cultural knowledge and protocol, this event is surely going to be used by the “state” to operate foreign control over it that plays directly into the hands of the whole proposed “Monument” thing. By the irresponsible act, the “state” group may lobby the public for consent to create a new label or fictional character for Iolani Palace. As many of you already know, the Iolani palace has never and never will be transferred out of original jurisdiction (and the hands of the kanaka maoli within it) and any labeling or name calling – will never change the immovable truth validated by tons of evidence, it is located within the original jurisdiction and NOT any other. Kanaka maoli are within original jurisdiction too, right where the Iolani palace is. Ua pau. My deepest thoughts on this, is that it could have been done with love, aloha and with an embrace of dignity any thoughtful leader would want for their nation. This is where the crisis on identity causes so many fears, leading to acts of destruction. The propagandist papers called this a rivalry among Native H/hawaiian groups. The fact is: Native H/hawaiians have no rights, law or status in the Iolani Palace and there never was a Kingdom of a fictional tribe called Native h/Hawaiians. Ever!! We have been led to believe that our economy depends on changing our identity, but the price we pay is in the end of our nations freedoms and liberty. The Iolani Palace is governed by original jurisdiction, wherein all kanaka maoli may find their law, rights and constitutional status, even the foreigners who love our home and have left their own to be here. The systemic removal of national identity is what Native h/Hawaiian groups strive for, base themselves upon and promote. Be yourself, truly. It could have been done with Aloha…………….. maybe they would have been welcomed guests. Mahealani V. Oliver

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• very insightful response from a geat treasure, Aunty Ilei Beniamina ( from Niihau) and now a kumu olelo and more of course .... living on Kauai.
    I asked permission if we could share her repsonse, being so maikai' and direct from an honored true and very real - ku puna (source of the springwaters), she said yes.

Share this mana'o everywhere, her thoughts and sayings are cherished by our people and others. We hope to learn from her soon one day on Kauai.

see below:
    will forward to you too;-)

Aloha Kakou,

Pololei loa! Mahalo nui Mahealani.
    Indeed true!
    We have forgotten who we are. We are all of this & more....O ke ALOHA,
    he waiwai HawaiÔi wale no, we are the creators of Aloha & therefore
    know of its characteristics & inherent behaviors..No other nation knows
    ALOHA & its intricacy but the people who invented & live by it. YES, it
    could have been done with Aloha!

Instead, our own, in a search for identity and clarity, publicly
    unearth the deeper emotional trama of a desperate people... each trying
    to grasp at remnents & pieces of tradition to reconnect to .."He
    kanaka, he moku, he kanaka Hawaii"

Perhaps an answer is as simple & as easy to acquire as one would want
    it to be....

"HoÔi hou i ka piko! go back to your roots, your foundation, your
    place of refuge, Your source of life...

& Rediscover the HawaiÔi you already are in your DNA, before being
    sent away to visit the global world, to be educated in matters of the
    world as LiliÔu & Kalakaua did during their time. Which for some of
    us began the process of ...loss of identity...

.Reclaim your language, The beginning of literature in HawaiÔi was not
    in English, it was in Hawaiian, hence we, were the most literate nation
    on the face of this Godly earth at the turn of the century...

Hawaiian Newpapers have your tutu folks stories, written in your olelo
    kanaka; maps of the world, latitutes in Hawaiian, deeds of ownership
    in Hawaiian, your papaÔs name on a palapala Sila nui...

Go back to your olelo Kanaka, there begin to reclaim who you are, who
    you were, who you have always been thru this lifeÔs incredible gift of
    a journey...

Me ke aloha,
    ilei

M
    me ka haahaa,
    The Registry of Ko Hawaii Pae Aina
    within the de jure Royal Patented Domain

c/o: 400 Hookahi St. C-206 Wailuku
    Maui, Ko Hawaii Pae Aina
    [USPZExempt96793] UPU
    (808) 243-2224
    (808) 243-2234 fax

kukamalu, appointments only, mahalo.

E-mail us:
    kohawaiipaeaina@yahoo.com

Check out our website:
    http://kohawaiipaeaina.net
  • Well stated. Also it amazes me how vicious some people are towards Hawaiians. So mean. So pilau I swear.

You would think that with so many so-called intelligent people that they would be fair and reasonable but wow.... it amazes me how some people try to belittle Hawaiians. Wow... just WOW.

Aloha,
    L
  • Aloha sistah Mahealani,

Your words resignates throughout Hawai'i! You are correct in every instance, and it couldn't be said better.

I too feel the same, and when I attend the National Democratic Convention in Denver, I do hope to speak to the delegates of Hawai'i on this matter.

Mahalo for your post,
    Faith Nalani Bromwich
    National Delegate
    Economics and Human Rights for All Peoples - chair/founding member
    Iowans Economic and Human Rights - member
  • Mahalo i ka hōʻike ʻana mai i kou mau manaʻo. Kākoʻo.
  • Perfect words of wisdom.....Decorum....Aloha.......Maika'i!
This reply was deleted.