http://kgmb9.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9094&Itemid=40 Distractions like that, excuse me, "Team Bully" did at 'Iolani Palace doesn't help sovereignty issues. Remember, our last reigninig Queen said, no violence. Her words should continue to echo up through the present. But it doesn't mean we sit still and take it. Our actions on land issues and civil rights issues can be voiced as our inherent right. But be respectful as individual citizens no matter what. In the end, law is for us or against us, but should we raise our own eyebrows to take an issue further, go forward 'til the end. BUT NOT LIKE THIS! I sure am not wanting to have any one on the vacant throne as "Team Bully" did at 'Iolani Palace recently - that's just plain disrespectful. To hold captive or hostage like kidnapping is a federal offense and one that is not taken lightly. The modern law of today is the police of TODAY. Those men who stormed the palace with red shirts and yellow SECURITY lettering have no jurisdiction and only causes eyebrows to be raised by higher government. It is not by any means, a peaceful demonstration. Higher government calls this "Strong Arm Tactics" just like Guerillas, Leftist, Right Winged Factions, Discedents, or as most of us hear these days, "Terroristic Threatening". Now what good can THAT incident amount to? Oh, excuse me, they were EXERCISING their freedom of speech - now what language were they speaking to be heard? I DUNNO? Do any of you know? Remember, I'm not looking at who is right in their own eyes. It's what is legally so in todays legal issues as recognized by today's policing force. I sure didn't understand the thinking behind it let alone the legal aspect of it. Civilized Governments DO NOT ACCORD themselves in that matter to be recognized in international courts, eyes or view. There needs to be some kind of decorum. As I remember....LOL, Red and Yellow make Orange. Now orange you glad I said this? LOL (I must be on my cycle here soon...oh yeah, the full moon has passed so I'm on a delayed reaction....LOL...oh just my senior moments here). I gotta find some humor in this, come on join me in this discussion...I dare you...just put on your own armour and shield and we'll raise SUGAR"cane" with this..(oh my excuse me for the hiccup...LOL) Violence breeds violence. If taken from a level of physical, retaliation on us as koko from outside governments of today, will not respect our rights - it makes us SHAME to be calling ourselves sovereign. And did we the people of the sovereign nation give "team bully" our blessing AND VOTE to storm the palace and call a KING to a vacant thrown? O M G! For Shame! This is my opinion and my perception so voice yourself too... I asked this so called KAP"akahi nui" (omg, excuse me again for the hiccup...lol) for some answers of genealogy a few months ago after seeing his website. I had no response. I guess there's some tight security for EXILED individuals.... OH BUT WAIT! When someone is exiled from their country they DO NOT reside in hostile vicinity. EXILED means NOT IN RESIDENCE - DEPOSED FROM YOUR HOME. Instead, they are taken in by "a friendly government of another country". O M G, am I being silly or am I speaking truth? Oh, OCCUPATION? This means someone else is in control....duh...wasn't their personnel in control of the palace? LOL. Isn't there county and state governement in control right now? O M G, There, I said it and I hold my own shield and wear my armour to protect me from the sneers and jeers - but all I'm doing is speaking my piece....(maybe I'm slinging it), you or others decide for I'm sure there are a few of you out there in Maoliworld thinking the same as I am unless you want this guy sitting on the vacant throne at 'Iolani Palace? So come on....don't be shy and give me your thoughts or someone elses thoughts if you were a third party to hearing this discussion personally with others. Tell me if you laughed, cried, got angry or what..... One thing more I must say about "Team Bully" - They "GSB"aka: "get some ____" man - bold, bold move. Okay den, I'll try to keep my hiccups down to hear your responses......SHOOTS!

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This message invites all interested Ahahui, Civic Club and Hawaiian Organization leaders and members to join us on Sunday, August 24th at 10 :30 a.m.

As we will be assembled in full regalia to attend Ali'i Sunday services at Kawaiaha'o that morning, we would like to ask the Hawaiian Royal Societies, other Ahahui, Hawaiian Civic Clubs and Organizations to join us immediately following church services. We have invited Kahu Curt Kekuna to lead our procession and to offer a few words or prayer.

We anticipate that we will not be able to cross uninterrupted across the S. King and Punchbowl intersection and will proceed as pedestrian crossings allow. Plans are to assemble just outside of the Likelike Gate on Likelike Mall (between State Library and palace grounds) and be ready by 10:30 a.m.

Please be advised that the Friends of 'Iolani Palace will be issuing a news release on Friday afternoon, to notify weekend media staff of the planned activity on Sunday. We expect that there will be television and newpaper reporters/cameras on site.

The purpose of our prayer service is to show support for the Palace and it's work/mission to perpetuate the Monarchy of the Hawaiian Kingdom, to start a healing process for the grounds and its employees, and to conduct ourselves in a manner befitting the grounds we visit. We hope that in the event of public comment, that we do not pass judgement, offer personal criticism, or condemnation of individuals or other organizations in their pursuit of sovereignty - that is not our purpose. We are there to support the palace's endeavors and to protect the priceless treasures it is and its grounds contain.

Please forward this message to anyone that I may have overlooked - I am sorry, but I don't have any current contact information for Hawaiian Civic Clubs that may be in attendance this Sunday.

Should you have any comment, questions or concerns, please let me know.

Ali'i Arthur W.K. Aiu, Kaka'olelo
    Royal Order of Kamehameha I
    Hawai'i Chapter #1
    P.O. Box 23122, Honolulu, HI 96823

phone: 808-221-2053
    e-mail: aaiu@hbws.org
  • Too funny?

I am surprised that you believe in God yet RIDICULE other people and laugh AT them.

Auwe.

Aloha,
    L
  • With the amount of heat surrounding the issue of the Department of Land and Natural Resources trying to manipulate fraudulent "revised statute" law in an illegitimate state on issues from water rights, to burial treatment, and now to the renaming of the palace grounds in state law to that of a "monument."

We really have a lot to think about here, when it comes to the state.

In the same breath, I don't think that this kind of hasty maneuver lends a hand in aiding any type of forward movement to the "cause."

I think it adds to the confusion and frustration that the "state" really needs right now. But I also feel that it may have some positive forward motion as the state is going to have to try and deal with them as they batten down the hatches before another hurricane comes slamming into their shoddy made raft. And believe me, I feel in my na'au that the hurricane has already started blowing.

If their had been a thousand people rallying at the palace, or even a few hundred placed vigilantly on the palace grounds, then I could see this having some type of momentum. But someone else calling himself the one and only King, in a nation full of people who have blood ties to ali'i class is completely self-defeating.

I repeat, SELF-DEFEATING. We need to learn how to choose our battles, or at least plan them out strategically so that it is effective.

And as far as the whole rightful heir, king, I'm king of the rock, mentality goes. My mana'o is this. In order for an ali'i to present himself to any type of throne, serious protocol would need to be set into place from the time of the mother's conception to the time of the child's birth. His mo 'okuahau would have to be carefully studied, recited and chanted over and over again as they help to bring the child to his piko before they oki him from that sacred source, his mother. Ho'ailona would need to be carefully studied and laid into mele and oli signifying a birth of great significance. The signs from the heavens would need to mark the beginning of the making of a grand leader of many people.

And from this birth, we as a nation would need to watch this child grow and pay close attention to how he presents himself as leader of enduring quality.

Mahealani from Hawiian Kingdom Government reignited the issue with the state's interest in the palace grounds, and reminding everyone that it is the true seat of government. It was a good reminder that there is something happening beneath the surface of the ground as Pele began to churn under the surface of Hawai'i island and spew out her noxious gas and fumes. Hawai'i being clouded in a state of poison mist and dense vog.

There have been serious ho'ailona that we must pay attention to that will point us in the right direction of making positive change happen for our people. There is a whisper in the wind. There is a change in the tides. There is the rough hewn clouds in the heavens. There is the flock of a hundred iwa birds that floated above the red sunrise at Homaikawa'a at the last turning of the solstice of Ku.

Haloanakalaukapalili made his presence known as we struggled to insure his purity from the touch of the human hand that perceives it is God.

The rain that endured everlasting on Kaua'i for forty days and forty nights during the great season of Kane. There is the sound of the elapaio in the koa forest singing a riddle of "how the koa trees rot, yet my stomach stays full." There are the recent fires of sacred Kalalau, which has helped cleanse herself of the maggots crawling about on her forest floor.

But where is Lono? Where are the winds that carry us off into the horizon to Kane-huna-moku, our promised land?

Where are the clouds that signify his return?

It is soon and it is coming.

I think this sets a precedence for the kind of action that needs to be taken at a NATIONWIDE scale for KANAKA MAOLI in shifting their paradigm that our true seat of government is our palace. It was left for us as a reminder to e ala e! Stir and awaken! That it is time to step forward to the kuleana that has been left behind and tell the "state" exactly where their place is in all this.

Do you know where that place is? Absolutely NOWHERE!

They have no jurisdiction. They have no say. They have no power.

We as Kanaka Maoli need to realize this so we stop the power struggle that we are continuing to allow ourselves to become engaged in. We need to get over the fact that this isn't a struggle for freedom or a struggle for our rights to inherent national sovereignty.

We already have all of that. It was never taken away. So how do we, in essence, fight for something that already exists? We don't have to. It's been right in front of us all along, yet there aren't many people who exercise their rights dutifully and with dignity. Dignity being the KEY WORD here, e na 'o'iwi!

Yes, there are still many injustices happening all around us, but until each individual, living Kanaka Maoli gets pushed to the point of, "enough is enough!" and exercise their individual rights, then nothing will happen.

The State wishes in their wildest dreams that they'd never have to deal with us ever again if there was some magical button that made us all disappear. Yet at each turning moment in the State's history they only seem to piss off more and more and more people. A nation that is slowly turning into that receding tide of a great tsunami.

I'm wondering when those people are going to wake up and realize that they don't necessarily need to get angry with the State, but be angry at themselves for allowing such an entity to exist in their midst, get away with the shit they do, without really doing or saying something about it. Dialogue is KEY! The more we talk about it and agree that, "yes this really is a shitty situation," the more we come to building the breaking crest of that giant wave.

It's good that people stand up for their rights. It's healthy that individuals from our nation holomua and take back what is rightfully ours because if we don't then we are accepting the fate the State deals us. We are cowing down and bending over for another sharp object that will come colliding into a place that many feel is quite uncomfortable.

Who wants to deal with that kind of uncomfortable situation?

Not I said the duck!
    • Aloha Hale:

This is excellent and clearly to the point. I mahalo you for it. Right on! I have come back to review the discussions and have added mana'o to your beautifully written mana'o.

There is a side note to a previous post. We are the only country that elected to monarchs as stipulated in our constitution that we have a right to do. The criteria is also spelled out and would be presumptuous for any to claim the throne. We still have a choice of governance whether we want to continue the monarchy or disband it once and for all. It's the prerogative of the people and nation. We have evolved from an individual island kingdoms to a unified kingdom of islands. It will be through the people's popular mandate to update and form a common governance that we all can agree on since the belligerent occupation vacated the seats of our legitimate government for this length of time.

Akahi's actions had some positive and negative results. This will always be an argument of contentions. But we will follow the laws of the Kingdom that gives us the direction we need beginning with the "Hawaiian Magna Carta" of 1939-1940 which was enacted.

The alleged ipso facto State of Hawai'i is very afraid of losing its position through actual laws for its governance and rightly so. This is why the concerted effort in fighting for its life. Because of the reawakening of the Hawai'i nationals, the assaults on the kanaka maoli has escalated to try and put them down once and for all. Things are falling apart for them and they must try to reassert themselves in their illicit status.

We need to be "politically correct" in stating our national motto, The perpetual sovereignty of the land (nation) is right/correct. This would be taken in context as the King stated. We have been dealing with U.S. semantics in its benign little WASP manifest destiny box of subjugation and buying it hook, line, and sinker. When will we stop using their terminology and use the true correct terms?

Like Hale states, "..Why are we fighting for something that already exists?" We already have it!

We are faced with a national issue whereby we are under U.S. belligerent occupation and confined to the laws of occupation. Being indigenous is an internal affair and not that of the dictates of a foreign country like the U.S.A. The national lands were never ceded but stolen through the Occupation of the Hawaiian Kingdom. The Kingdom subjects spoke in a democratic expression overwhelmingly through the Ku'e Petitions of 1897. There was no treaty of annexation by the Hawaiian Kingdom. The U.S. invasion of the Kingdom's Capitol city, the U.S.-installed puppet Provisional Government, and it's self-created Republic of Hawai'i under the protection of the U.S. military, was contrary to its U.S. Constitution and a breach of its treaties with the Hawaiian Kingdom. The Queen never officially abdicate albeit Mrs. Dominus did, who was not the Queen Lili'uokalani, head of state of the Kingdom of Hawai'i.

Because of these things, the Statehood Act was null and void, Add to that, the irregularities in the voting process; a violation of international laws both countries were subject to abide. The U.S. violates all the conditions of the laws of occupation which makes the voting process inert; thus, there is no lawful State of Hawai'i. It's all a myth and Hawaii nationals, descendants of those in 1887, are not U.S. Americans; never were nor will be except by naturalization in the U.S.A. Currently, those descendants are still Hawai'i nationals legally and protected by international laws.

So, yes; it is a very uncomfortable situation but only for the U.S. Americans and their government.
    • "someone else calling himself the one and only King, in a nation full of people who have blood ties to ali'i class is completely self-defeating.

I repeat, SELF-DEFEATING. We need to learn how to choose our battles, or at least plan them out strategically so that it is effective."

I agree with everything else you have written except this because we all pick and choose our own battles. If he can win one battle then it becomes that much easier for us to win the war against us and against our mo'opuna because in my opinion they (the Feds and the "state") have tried to strip of us all of our rights and allowed thousands of Hawaiians to be homeless.

Personally I have waited 41 YEARS for something to be done. I do NOT want to wait any longer. However I realize that other Hawaiians have their mana'o but I have waited for 41 YEARS so far I personally do not want our keiki to wait ONE MORE DAY and to me we are talking about our LIVES and our mo'opuna-s lives here.

In addition if I have waited 41 YEARS then chances are our keiki and our mo'opuna will also wait THAT long or longer. I certainly do not want that for them.

We are also talking about trying to reason with unreasonable people and to me we CANNOT reason with the Feds and with the "state" because they are UNREASONABLE. Therefore we must take extreme measures. What Akahi did is one of them.

I believe in Ka'u KU makaha and to me what Akahi did was helpful not hurtful. Some people may disagree with his decisions but then look at what people have done during my lifetime of 41 years. At least he is doing SOME thing about it instead of suffering from Analysis Paralysis and analyzing it to death as in to OUR death where nothing is done as very little has been done for the last 41 years. (By this I mean for ALL Hawaiians... not just for a "select" few because I was raised to treat ALL Hawaiians well not just the "select" few. I mean for ALL Hawaiians.)

As far as the prophecy... he may not be the Chosen One. However while we (or at least some of us) are STILL DROWNING at least he is doing SOME thing about it. Can the same be said about others who take an extreme situation and try to resolve it quickly (where "quickly" = "in less than 41 years" at least) with extreme measures? Nope.

JMM. (Just my mana'o.)

Aloha, L
      • Why are we waiting? and what are we waiting for? The only way we can holomua is to wala`au and so maybe we are not waiting maybe we are or can come to the realization that the state, feds, military are not going to let us go and rule our own lands so we as a nation have to unite (and I have to repeat not in diversity and beliefs) but towards the same goal of "true sovereignty". We still have to live by the laws of the powers that be until we do organize...that is just my mana`o and I respect all....

Mahalo to everyone who participated in this discussion. :) E holomua kakou!!
    • So Hale, when are you going to start a newspaper? Beautiful writing. Did you read Auntie Ilei Beniami's response to this subject? It's under "It should have been done with Aloha"

She is teaching olelo on Kauai? Wonderful. My children and I will be taking it up again on Sept. 2nd. Can't wait.

I truly enjoy reading well thought out intelligent comments from the next generation.

Aloha Hale and hope to meet you soon on Kauai.
      • Mahalo ia kakou a pau! It's good to reflect on what's going on and there are many issues pa'a pu that we should look at separately. It's easier to take it from 1893 to simplify it; including na ho'ailona. which permeates our being with nature. The facts speak for itself; know and understand them. If na kupuna never reliquished our rights and sovereignty; then we still have it.

First, is how Akahi Nui handled it without forethought was not pono which he should have stress to all his followers how they would execute their actions and what protocols to follow, plan of action, purpose, and rammifications. I think it was impulsive and arrogant lacking some knowledge and good presentation. Iolani is a living legacy and not a monument for us. We grew up to revere and respect it; there is mana there which we wouldn't desecrate; it's our home and symbol of who we are.

There are stipulations within the Hawaiian Constitution that outlines the succession and criteria of the heir. If he understood that; it would not give him an automatic recognition and acceptance. If he has palapala for some of the lands than good fortune to him; but it doesn't give him successorship to the throne; neither does the Kawananakoa family. We don't deny whom they come from; but under the constitution they are not approved by legislature and House of Nobles. We had elected two Kings in that process and it still holds true. One has to meet ALL the criteria set in law and approved by the people. Money doesn't make the person royal; to bear a title, one must be patented by the monarch or elected to the throne.

The children from the Royal School take precedence and their direct descendants. There is only one line living today whom descends from Maheha or Jane Loeau. Lili'u had hanai her among other children, and that was Theresa Malani who has two sons; she has since passed away. Technically, they supercede all other claimants but they are silent about this. That is how one follows the laws.

The throne has been oki since 1917. All ali'i lines were either murdered, went underground, and intermarried. This is the golden people, the noble people that have survived today and the people that we laugh and rib that 85% of the Hawaiians are all related and could trace to some ali'i today. I don't think that's so far-fetched today. The ali'i saw the height of its day fading and the rising of a noble race that no longer depends on their leadership. The damage is done. They are in all of us.

This is why we should hold our heads up high and take the cloak of kuleana for all. We must remember who we are and go forward with pride, the humility, aloha, kuleana, 'ike, and pa'ahana to make the best of ourselves we can to build up the nation with that compassion and respect for others. We lead; others follow. We do it by example; to be a role model for the future generations; to insure the rich legacy we have with our nation will continue.

We need to align our attitude with being pono a me malama ka 'aina. All that we have been raised with by our kupuna. We have always been a progressive people that adopted things that was good for our growth, adapting it into our culture and society, and being adept with it as it becomes a very Hawaiian thing to do under our terms. That's why we evolved instead of being stagnant yet maintaining our Hawai'i.

We asserted ourselves in the world of nations and understood it as we do in today's world. Still very Hawaiian in how we think and act in our Polynesian Hawaiian society and modern. We had a gift of being literate, multilingual, hard working, and intuitive. Our failing was believing in the missionaries' characterization of us where we began to doubt ourselves and our confidence faltered because of the suppression and racist attitudes of the haole/foreigner. But no more. Time to ku'e.

When we restore our confidence; we restore our nation. The mana is in our mother tongue. It's time to take all this back without relying on others to do it for us. The majority have and we are looking for the rest to follow and catch up to take your rightful place with aloha. Anger will not get you there; determination and pono choices will. Step into the shoes that will make our country strong. Malama ko kino; malama ka 'aina; malama ka ea; Malama ka mana.
        • Aloha Tane, Very well put, Mahalo for your mana'o, knowledge and wisdom. Oh by the way, and this is off the subject, have you ever written down stories of when you were growing up? I heard a little of it when I watched a video of you. I take great delight in hearing stories and when I do genealogy I often find myself whisked away to when our ancestor's were alive.

Ok, back on topic...

To put my 2 cents in, the actions of any Kanaka Maoli that is in the view of the world, I bring back to me and who stands behind me, my children who I Love with all of my heart. And if it doesn't feel right in the very innards of my guts then I don't like it and I wish not that they represent my children who will be left here after I pass.
This reply was deleted.