1. It's real purpose is to test the vessel as a potential future military vessel to transport vehicles/supplies/people to and from the ships out on the seas. This would make it easier to transport strykers to the other islands and do the same thing that they are doing in Makua Valley(fucking it up).
2. Depleted Uranium. Anywhere the U.S. military goes, you are most likely able to find radioactivity lingering. This is the same stuff that they contaminated cities in Japan with using the Atomic Bombs. This stuff is very dangerous and has a half life of 4.5 billion years. I can explain it faster verbally, and this should actually be #1. You should stress this point to the class. DU.
3. How easy it now is to transport unwanted things between islands anywhere from weapons to crystal metamphetamine and other dangerous drugs.
4. The effect on Native Plants and animals on other islands when introduced to species accidentally carried on by cars, people, etc. which is why an EIS is needed and why they wanted to get around it.
5. The effect on marine life including whales, sea turtles, etc. Another reason why the EIS is needed.
6. The fact that it didn't go through the legal process and purposely worked with government officials(i.e. Dingle Lingle) to make special acceptions for the Superferry, which is illegal. The fact that they tried to get around it (and succeded) suggests that they are hiding something or didn't think they could be succesful by following the rules.
7. Just the fact that it should be up to the nationals of the nation-state of Hawaii, not the occupier. As Hawaii is being occupied and the occupiers are not following the Laws of Occupation, we, all people who can trace ancestry to a subject of the Hawaiian Kingdom before Jan 16, 1893, should have the final say.
-This might be a good contraversial topic to scratch the surface on at the end of the presentation. I would like to see, is possible, you guys present this stuff. What class is it for?
That's all I have for reasons. I think it would be a good idea to also list pros for Superferry. Then the others might see how much the bad so heavily outweighs the good.
I also have some research from my friend on it if you need that stuff too.