Aloha and Welcome to the Wahi Pana Group

I just wanted to extend my aloha to new members to the Na Wahi Pana o ka Paemoku Group. This group is created for us to have meaningful discussion about the protection and stewardship of wahi kupuna, and to also share our experiences about places we care for or are fortunate enough to visit. Please feel free to post any opportunities for members to volunteer, or pictures of places you visit in our incredible homeland.

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Aia ka wai ma ka 'auwai hoolalau nui, a hiki i ke kula maloo o Kahului

The water is in the great diversion ditch, until it arrives in the dry plains of Kahului
  • I also wanted to add as one of the precautions, lets be careful not to be too specific where some of these cultural sites and famous places are located while posting on this forum. I'm very much aware that other malihini, tourists, huna religious fanatics, looters, and plain maha'oi people go looking for cultural and archaelogical sites to do inappropriate activities. In order to protect the integrity of these places lets be careful of posting direction.

Also finally, no posting of areas or locations that show where iwi kupuna (human burials are location). Any posts on these locations will be automatically deleted.

Mahalo,
    Kekuewa
    • eh kekz - i think so, you should make that on the front page if you haven't already....small kine important those instructions...not to be too specific about sites, and posting wahi o na iwi...
    • shoots. will do. mahalo. -k
This reply was deleted.