Ua ʻike anei ʻoe? ʻO Cressa truxillensis ka inoa akeakamai haole. He mea ulu maoli, e ulu nei i ke one o Molokaʻi, Kahoʻolawe a me Oʻahu. Ulu kekahi i nā moku one o Papahānaumokuākea. ʻO Keanakeiki, ma Kahoʻolawe kahi poʻokela ke nānā i kēia mea ulu maoli. Akā naʻe, ʻo wai ka inoa Hawaiʻi no kēia mea ulu? ʻO ka mea e hiki ana nō ke pane? Do you know? Cressa truxillensis is the scientific name. Its a native plant, growing on the beaches of Molokaʻi, Kahoʻolawe, and Oʻahu. It grows also among the atolls of the Northwestern Hawaiian islands. Keanakeiki, on Kahoʻolawe, is the best place to see this native plant. However, what is the Hawaiian name ofr this plant? Anybody can answer?

mahalo a nui, ʻOhu

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have found the inoa Hawai`i of this plant! In the 1854 journal of the french botanist Jules Remy, on his explorations of Moloka`i, he found the Cressa fields that still exist near Pāpōhaku, and like many good botanists of the time, recorded the Hawaiian name. ʻO makihi ka inoa o ia mea ulu maikaʻi o ke one o Molokaʻi me Kahoʻolawe! No laila, hiki ia kākou e kahea aloha iā ia: Eō e makihi!
    ʻOhu
This reply was deleted.