Aloha mai kakou...as I prepare to leave our beloved home for a second home...Tongatapu, home of my hanai mom...we return her home after her passing...I'll be gone for a month but I leave this sentiment in support of Clarence Ku Ching. I too am not your typical Kamehameha School alumni...I DO NOT SUPPORT THE AKAKA BILL NOR DO I SUPPORT KS STANCE AND POLITICAL VIEWS. Don't get me wrong (and do not clip my words out of context either because I will let the person/people who do have it...!!!!) I am a proud graduate of the class of 1990 and I stand firm behind the fact that our school is touted as the KS WARRIORS...not the KS POWDER PUFFS...that was reserved for homecoming week! And puhleez, if there is anyone who can say this and get away with it, it is me...if you know what I mean! Hello~~! I cannot support the amiable, passive, and politically neutered methodology and mentality of our KS leaders...take no offense folks who might read this...I aloha YOU...NAINOA...DJ...all the rest of you too. But that doesn't mean that I have to agree with you...my words to you...DO NOT LAY DOWN OUR 'IHE...DO NOT ALLOW THE FOREIGN WAYS AND FOREIGNER'S LIES AND DECEITFUL TACTICS TO BEGUILE AND LURE YOU DOWN THE PATH OF SEEMINGLY PONO WAY OF EXISTING. TO THINK THAT KS, OUR MOST POWERFUL OF THE ALII LAND TRUSTS NEEDS TO ASK THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, THAT YOU EVEN NEED THEIR APPROVAL AND THAT YOU CANNOT OPERATE OUTSIDE OF THEIR JURISDICTION...HELLO! YOU CAN! DO YOUR HOMEWORK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX AND STOP BEING SUCH DOCILE AND DOMESTICATED HAWAIIANS!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE IS THE WARRIOR IN YOU? IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO BE WAR-LIKE...IT MEANS YOU MUST BE A WARRIOR! BE A WARRIOR OF INTEGRITY, HONOR, DIGNITY, DIPLOMACY WITH A PASSION TO PUSH OUR HAWAIIAN PEOPLE TO OUR PONO PLACE IN THIS WORLD...DON'T JUST LEAN BACK AND LET THE FORNICATION AND RAPE OF OUR PRINCESS' LEGACY TO CONTINUE...STOP LOOKING FOR THE WESTERN DOCTRINE TO PROTECT OUR KULEANA...STOP BEING SO AFRAID OF LEADERSHIP THAT IS BECOMING OF OUR HAWAIIANS! STAND UP ON OUR OWN RATHER THAN ALWAYS KOW-TOWING TO THE ANUS OF UNCLE SAM AND HIS CONVOLUTED VISION OF RIGHT AND WRONG...I HAVE FAITH IN YOU TO BE ABLE TO TURN OUR CANOE AROUND...NAINOA...SEE THE ISLAND! ENVISION THIS...YOU KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE... Look everyone, for all of you reading this and thinking that "aue...there goes Hinalei again with her rambling on, no no no no !!!!! Have we lost sight of our heritage and are not able to see ourselves governing ourselves and our kuleana without always having to seek the approval of the United States of America and their favor, unwilling to make waves and disrupt the water...WEAK I SAY, WEAK!!!!! And by the way, the sheer discussion of this entire political farce that we know as the continued illegal occupation of our islands by the U.S. enhanced by some Hawaiians effort to now seek the fornicator's consent and acknowledgement and all that crap would be entirely ridiculous if held in our language, our mother tongue...and yes I am fluent in it so i challenge you Hawaiian language speakers who support the U.S. continued governance and meddling in our affairs to take me on and let us hoopaapaa this in our native tongue and you see how ridiculous the argument and proposed American-Hawaiian idea and solution is...TSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK...enough of this for now...If I have stirred the water...good~! I'm leaving on Monday, hope to have time for a little more go around at this discussion before I leave, if not...don't anyone take offense at what I've said...get a spine and hoopaapaa this and if we don't agree, that's ok...not all Americans agree either...and anyway...I aloha you because we're all Hawaiians, and because we have cultural foundations that link us up, not because we are all politically oriented around the same understandings and beliefs! So I support the sentiment posted by Clarence Ku Ching...I Mua...! Aloha, Hinaleimoana Wong KS 90

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• please watch videos for a chance to win prizes and contest
    clik on advertisers links to win
    not responsible for contest rules or game play

email me at merchantmansmith@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/Amani Smith
    www.facebook.com/Sufferahsmusic
    www.twitter.com/Sufferahsmusic
    www.hotlinemastering.com <~~ visit for the best mastering prices in the world
    from arguably one of the worlds best mastering engineers SONIN
  • It looks as though his message was deleted but I think and agree with what Clarence Ku Ching wrote too. I agree and also agree to disagree with those who think differently but I am against the Akaka Bill which gives control of our destiny and thus of our kupunas' destiny to the Department of Interior. I am not okay with that.

I am also against the "Kau Inoa Native Hawaiian Registration" program and I REFUSE to submit my name to this fraud so I agree with alot of what he had written. I am also against negotiating with what is ours but then some of our so-called leaders try to lead us to the wolves which ends up leading our keiki to be eaten alive by the wolves. They enable this from happening. I call them the ENABLERS.

This specifically excludes people like Mrs. Gerry Johansen whom I think is an epitome of what it is to BE Hawaiian. However there are enablers who do sell us out for a home in Waialae Iki, Hawai'i Kai, and/or Kapolei while half of us are homeless as in living beyond Hawai'i. I am aware that some of them whom I call the umiamaka will read this but to allow Hawaiians to be homeless yet turn around and boast about how great they are and/or how well they are doing is blaphemous and selfish. Of course they try to brainwash us against our kupuna. Obviously it doesn't work for all but to me... to agree with these people is to ENABLE Hawaiians to be hungry and homeless. Thus I won't agree like how some people do to ALLOW this to happen. I really do not know how some people can live with themselves knowing that there are many Hawaiians who are homeless. The worse part is that they ALLOW it to happen.

Anyway I agree with alot of what Clarence Ku Ching has stated. In olelo haole or in olelo makuahine.

Aloha,
    Lana Ululani (Lum Among Moniz DeSilva) Robbins KS '85
This reply was deleted.