Summer Discussion #1: Setting Goals

You choose where you want to go in life and how you want to get there. Knowing where we want to go helps us focus on that destination - that's why it's important to have goals. Goals provide motivation to achieve what we want in life. Post an entry into the discussion board about your goals in life - relating to school and your personal interests. These should include both short-term and long-term goals. Try to be specific and realistic. Academic/school related goals can include what you want to accomplish now, during or after high school, what major you're interested in the future, what level degree you want to pursue - AA, BA/BS, MA, MS, PhD, Technical, etc. (and why for all of these questions, of course). Personal goals are goals you want to accomplish for yourself. It can be learning how to make a pahu, being able to balance your check book or practicing kuleana. A personal goal is something you would like to achieve for yourself.

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mahalo, Matthew. You got that musical talent....so use 'em!!
  • The first thing, I would like too accomplish is completeing this program. I don't really care about the money or if i pass or fail. I'm just lucky that I got the oppurtuinty to make a lot of new friends and learn more about my culture.

For my academic goals, I would like too graduate from high-school with my class of 2010 and hoping to get out of CSAP by then. Im still un-decided about going to collage beacuse I hate school.

Another goal for myself is to excel in paddling, where one day I can be a coach or be a surf instructor, and also live up to bob's dream.

-Well that's all for now...
    [[.shakaloha.]] .&&. JUSt CRUiSE 'Em
  • my first academic goal is to pass this class first of all, then go to college graduate with any degree I am not sure yet, then get a great job and make lots of money.
  • My academic goal in life is to go to the culinary Institute of America after completing a couple years at Maui Community College. My personal goal is to get a career in culinary and own a restaurant. I am thinking of getting a masters in culinary and probably some sort of degree in business.
  • Well right now my main main main goal is to graduate high school and get my diploma. That was my main goal from the beginning. If I do not graduate that would be a big bad deal for me. But I believe that I will make it to the line and "walk it out." My next goal is to move on to college. I want to go to a great college that has the 2 things that I love to do best, singing and drawing. I know for sure that my major would be music. Music is has been there for me from day 1. If I'm stressed out and need time alone, I have my music right there waiting for me to listen to it. My other goal is learn how to ride a rip-stick. That may sound funny but it is one of my goals. I could never get it straight. Every time I go on it, I would end up falling off. So I would want to learn how to ride a rip-stick nice and smoothly, and have the wind blow through my hair. lol. Well that is my goals for now and I know for sure their would be more in the future.
  • my personal goal is to go to college and get a good education and then get a good job and make money and my academic goal is to finish high school and college
  • my goals are to graduate from high school. my other goal is to go to college and have fun. then i will get a job and make millions of sweet cash.
  • My personal goals is to graduate from high school and go to Berklee College of Music
  • My academic goal in life is to go to college and my degree in what ever. Cause I don't know yet. I might try to major in something that deals with sports.
    My personal goal is to be successful in the school and sports. And you never know i might be able to play basketball at the college level, i don't know yet. But thats what i want to do in my life. Oh and i want to graduate high school, cant forget that.
  • My short-term goal is to survive(math class) the last couple of days in the Ho'okahua program so i can pass and then I can use the credits for college. Another short-term goal is to save as much money i can right now because fall semester is in August and i have to pay for my tuition, fees, and books. My Academic goal is to start a semester at Maui Community College and then transfer out to Hawaii Community College to finish up my AA degree in Liberal Arts. From there i want to transfer to UH Hilo and get my Bachelor's in Hawaiian Language and Hawaiian Studies. When I'm done with college, i want to come back home and teach Hawaiian Language and Hawaiian Studies at Maui High because my freshmen year of high school, the Hawaiian Language teacher retired or quiet. So from that day till now, we didn't have Hawaiian Language. One of my personal goal is to go back to hula and some day compete for Miss Aloha Hula at the Merrie Marnarch. Oh yeah one more thing my main goal is to LIVE MY LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!
This reply was deleted.