Roundtable with Ngugi wa Thiong'o Tuesday April 29 3pm

The Comparativism and Translation in Literary and Cultural Studies (CTLCS) Research Cluster is pleased to welcome author, scholar and activist Ngũgĩ wa Thiong`o, the 2008 Daniel and Maggie Inouye Distinguished Chair in Democratic Ideals, to a roundtable discussion on “Decolonizing the Mind: A Conversation about Culture, Power and Translation." The roundtable will also feature University of Hawai’i’s Sam Opondo, S. Shankar and Noenoe Silva. Please join us on Tuesday, April 29th, from 3:00-4:30 in KUY 410 for the roundtable, followed by a reception. In preparation for the event, CTLCS invites those interested in discussing selections from Ngũgĩ wa Thiong`o's work to join us on Thursday, April 24th, in KUY 410. Please contact Kristine Kotecki (kotecki@hawaii.edu) for links to download these readings. The Department of American Studies & the William S. Richardson School of Law are also sponsoring the following events: Ngũgĩ wa Thiong`o’s Keynote Address, “The Myth of Tribes in African Politics,” in the UH Mānoa Campus Center Ballroom at 7:00 pm, 4/28, and a reception, reading and book signing with Albert Wendt at 5:00 pm 4/30. Kristine Kotecki, CTLCS member ABOUT CTLCS: The Comparativism and Translation in Literary and Cultural Studies (CTLCS) Research Cluster aims to provide a community for graduate students and faculty who are interested in interdisciplinary approaches to questions of cross-cultural discourse and practice.

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So how does one get on the CTLCS email list? or become a member?
    Noe
    • you like join? pretty much just gotta come to the meetings. i'm not really sure who you email to get on the list, but i can pass your name on or send you a message with the contact info...whichever one you prefer. we've only had three meetings so far.
This reply was deleted.