Meeting for Hawaiian Grad Student Group

Aloha everyone, Noe and I will be having a meeting for any interested grad students this coming Wednesday the 25th at 1:30pm at my office at Sinclair. The purpose of the group is to give Hawaiian grad students a forum to meet and share their research and experience. The exact form and purpose of the group shall be guided by the desires of those who wish to join. It could take any form, from a working group which would produce original research and writing to just a loose network of students willing to help each other with any academic issues that may arise. If you are interested in attending, or if you are interested but can't make this first meeting, please add a comment to this page. me ke aloha, kamaoli ps I have attached a picture of where my office is at Sinclair

office_1a.jpg

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wow! You have your own office?! I'll be there!
  • e Kamaoli,
    sorry cus no can make em. I am grad student at UH Manoa in Hawaiian Studies and I only get like 1 year left till done, but I moved back to maui for the summer, I won't be able to make the meeting.
  • NO! UH only! Nah, I think that anyone who is interested is welcome to come. Although there isn't a solid structure to the group yet, I don't think it's being planned as something exclusive to University of Hawaii students. With the internet and everything, I think it would be somewhat easy to keep a dialogue going with students who aren't here.

And as for notes, I don't know if I'm the best notetaker, but I will do my best to convey the details of what we discussed at the meeting and everyone can chime in and respond however they see fit.

Nice to see responses from people so soon. So let's keep in touch...
  • aloha,
    i would love to come, is it open to non-UH? i'm at university of michigan, home for the summer....
  • May I suggest that notes from the meeting be posted on this site for those of us who are not able to attend. By the way, is this forum open to all graduate students whether attending UH or not?
    Mahalo...
This reply was deleted.