To strengthen our economy for the Kingdom in 2009 and beyond.

Probably these are some of the industries we should be creating in Hawai'i for economic stability besides agriculture? What's your mana'o?

Tane

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 18:29:50 -0800
Subject: Fw: Some American's don't have a clue...

Free Hawai`i ! ! !
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your common sense. ---Buddha
Imakakoloaihenenui

--- On Thu, 1/29/09, From: Roger Casper
Subject: Some American's don't have a clue...

AND HERE YOU HAVE IT!!!

John Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN ) for 6am.
While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA) After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) filled it with GAS (from Saudi Arabia) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.
At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his Computer (MADE IN MALAYSIA), John decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA
Y'all gotta Keep this one circulating, please!

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aloha Doug:

After rereading the posts; you gave excellent mana'o. Mahalo ia 'oe. Much to ponder on and put into action.

Tane
I had posted a video about this in regards to trademarks....arts and craft, etc. There is revenue also around our islands in the ocean - natural gas. Our resources of water and having it bottled for revenue, Solar and Wind energy. That's all off the top of my head for now.
I put a response in the last hour or so to fuel sources in another recent discussion post concerning ENERGY as the content of the discussion even though the title of the discussion was a member of Maoliworld indicating Obama making an investment with G.E.

So then I remembered you posted this discussion asking for mana'o. So here's my manao on your post here:

Algae fields which is agriculture. Algae can be used as fuel called bio-algae, maybe some other technical name for it. Nova put a documentary on this as well. Currently this type of alternative energy resource is being manufactured but who can afford it right now when it's worth $8.00 per gallon. However we can do that here if in fact we can get some backing as selling it as a Kingdom Resource.

Here on our island, Kona side there is a farmer growing vanilla. It currently sells on the market for $1000 p/pound and he is the only vanilla farmer in Hawaii. Now vanilla is a commodity that people can live without or maybe not, but for fuel sources like the take on the algae, WE NEED ENERGY because nobody like live in the dark because we spoiled already with this luxury.

Anything having to do with ENERGY is a good commodity. I know they are doing it with corn but that type of fuel resource has its shortfalls compared to Algae fields.

When algae is harvested there are three components to its processed end result or make up...the top layer being the oils from the product itself which is currently fueling jet engines and vehicles on highways.
Aloha Shirley, I know the family that raise vanilla. Good family and good resource. I'm confident of your presence and mana'o; it will help others. I appreciate all your mana'o and actions in the field to make things pono. Please keep going forward with your ideas and mana'o. How wonderful we have our people working towards a better Hawai'i.

Tane

There needs to be a "Coalition" between OHA, DHHL, Kingdom of Hawaii to invest funds into community programs that will "malama our environment" and create jobs for our people in sustainable energy programs. With resources of wind, ocean currents and surf, sun, why aren’t we leaders in sustainable energy?

Why are we not designing Hawaiian homes that honor our environment? We need to be on the forefront of design and sustainability, and create Hawaiian Homes/Properties that are totally “self sufficient” with rain gutters and catchments that will “slow down run off” and collect rainwater for our family gardens, Solar panel roofs that will harvest the suns energy for hot water and wind generators for electricity, Compose toilet systems. These homes can be very beautiful and of the highest quality and leading in technology!

Getting off the grid is the ONLY way we will be independent of the U.S.A who CONTINUES to Oppress us with western conveniences that lure us away from the basics. Hawaiian homes and OHA has the resources to create and build the infrastructures that can be used to generate revenues that will lead Hawaii and its people away from being “dependent”. We (OHA/DHHL/ Hawaiian Kingdom) need to design, build, manage/control our resources; clean water wells, sewage systems, landfill sites, recycling plants, Solar/Wind energy…then we can sell our resources/services to the many resorts that are being built all over the islands!! If we can’t collect the revenues from the taxes that the USA Government steals, lets collect directly from the consumers (resorts, condos, public)
This will create lots jobs in various fields for KANAKA's who are seeking engineering, agriculture, aquatics, marine biology, enviromental, degrees and will open up an entire program in education, business management, etc...I feel its time t o get away from the Visitors Industry, and focus on "Nurturing our Golden Goose"

Denmark for centuries has been harvesting energy from wind and water with their windmills. Its time we look to our cultural history/past and our environment to take us into our future.
Aloha Noelani:

I'm smiling because of your comprehension of our situation and your mana'o on working towards fixinf it is maika'i. We must reach our keiki to take back the streets in areas that build a strong country. Our self-kuleana to rebuild is the way to go.

Mahalao for all you do. Keep Kaua'i strong; what you are doing is maika'i loa.

Tane
Aloha Guy:

You hit the nail right on the head. Your mana'o and actions are very noteworthy and I pray for your success in all your endeavors. Gavin Daws wrote the book, " Land is Power". He was right on the kinipopo that we all realized. I'm confident that your actions are pono and will be a key to recovery.

Mahalo ia 'oe in all you are doing to bring this to fruition. Holomua!

Tane
The lands remember when we checked had 14 million in revenues per year in 1978. The sustaining was couched in GIA or mother earth during the 80s at different parts of the world and especially at UH Manoa. In this instance it was Kanaka Maoli women that came forth in 1974 for the usage of the revenues. Since then, we have done major battles with our Kanaka Maoli men, and it gets tiring.

As to how in the world Hawaiian Kingdom Kanaka Maoli leaders severed Kanaka Maoli women from partnership is the question that I am trying to bring to the surface. If it was not for the 2050 sustainable 'ideals' I would not have questioned this relationship between Kanaka Maoli men and women. Do we have enough to bring both groups together as one and maintain the values distinct and clear? The land in sustainable understanding rest on the side of women, it's exploitation are far greater than principles that should be maintained--by the Konohiki. Sorry for not making too much sense here. I need to get to work Kaohi
I would love to see all our fish ponds restored and more made. Let's allow aquaculture to be a major protein source for our people again as well as an economic resource! In aquaculture we can combine the old and new. The possibilites are endless. I would love to see traditional lo'i restored to full productivity, waters redirected back to food sources rather than to flush the tourist's toilets. Diversify. I love the idea of creating energy by considering the most recent scientific findings of energy sources. Let's utilize the wind, sea, and river currents to create energy. Let's build our homes with strong and available materials in Hawaii. I once saw a house built entirely out of bamboo. It was beautiful, strong, and termite proof, but it wasn't built to code, but we can change that. We can do so much! I believe our people can make it work very well. Akua has blessed us with incredible resources. Resources to utilize wisely and maximize not diminish nor destroy.
I love your mana'o and it's workable. some of it has already been in process. Yeas, we need to control our water system that can work for all and the fishponds were an integral part of our society. What we need to fix is all the kapulu things that have been done. I feel more confident after reading many whom have put their input to this area of dynamics that can heal our 'aina and people. Kupa'a2000, you got it! Now make it work and we are on our way to better our conditions.

Tane
Agriculture is and has always been our tradition. Take the notion that in 1778 if there were only 300,000 Hawaiians eatting 5 lbs of poi a day- that's 500,000,000 lbs a year. In todays economy that's 3 billion in sales. Hello Haloa - cya touristos.
Agriculture is and has always been our tradition. Take the notion that in 1778 if there were only 300,000 Hawaiians eatting 5 lbs of poi a day- that's 500,000,000 lbs a year. In todays economy that's 3 billion in sales. Hello Haloa - cya touristos.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Ikaika Hussey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service