MAHALO TO NON KANAKA MAOLI WHO SUPPORTS US

I would like to take moment to thank each and every non kanaka maoli who have assisted in different ways. Whether by post, discussion, march and so forth, your KOKUA is greatly APPRECIATED. You believe in HAWAII NEI - the culture, po'e, language, literature, etc. There was something about our history that somehow or somewhere which has inspired you to share your ALOHA. You ask for little in return and an ackowlegement you deserve for your endless commitment! THIS IS NOT ONLY FROM ME BUT ALL KANAKA MAOLI ACROSS THE SEA. OUR HOME WILL ALWAYS BE HAWAII NEI!

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mahalo for this thought of inclusion. For me the something special is aloha. Where else but here and us?

Sovereignty is here now and we are in it. The US is spiritually and legally outside it and soon will be facing a very embarrassing situation thanks to worldwide condemnation of its war criminality and debasement by its credit ruin. The new administration promises to be even more militaristic than Bush, and is aleady rattling its sabers despite the utter financial ruin ahead. Now that the wheels are falling off the imperial vehicle--the US is in debt too far to climb out, ever--it's a good time to sever the ties and not go under with them. What we have here in the aina is unique. Hawaii is already a world leader in things that matter, such as sustainability, ho'oponopono, justice, peace, innovation, community, and healing, even amidst the degrading foreign military culture of nihilism. Our survival as sovereigns is a proof that love does conquer all. Stay focused. Stand clear of the occupiers, affirm our independence, and cast off their lines.
    As a non kanaka maoli who has lived here 44 years may I say I love this place and its people.
    • Eloquently stated! HAWAII NEI is a place for all...
  • Welina mai e Namaka'eha!
    It's nice to read what you wrote! I want to say that I am involved because of the deepest gratitude I feel for Hawai'i nei and na kanaka maoli. Several years ago, the 'aina gave me back my life, in the truest sense. I had been ill for many years with multiple chemical sensitivity - all chemicals made me sick and I wore masks and respirators in public, to do very normal things, like grocery shopping. But through very strange circumstances, I ended up on Maui for a visit, very briefly, at the end of 2000. Things started happening to me there, and there was no logical explanation. And there was a woman who began to share a little with me about the culture, about Kaho'olawe. And on Maui I began to feel better than I had in years, and even when I got back to California, the healing continued. From then on, I tried to learn everything I could about history and the culture. It was obvious from very early on that since Hawai'i had given me back my life - I had to dedicate myself in return and particularly support independence. And so things continue to happen... So there's no real merit in doing this - it's just the way it is. But it sure does feel very nice to read what you wrote. It makes me feel good. Thank you!
    • As Kahu stated in his post, ALOHA comes in different forms, sizes and shapes. I concur that we often don't ay thank you enough to show our gratitude. You willnever know who may assist in the time of need or talk to. What may forsee as your worst enemy may become your best friend.

My step-father was Caucasian from California. I never had the opportunity to know my father since he had died when I was young. My father had taught my mother what he did best - a fisherman of the sea. Many stories untold and many more the po'e would like to write about him. In my yonder days, I learned how to make an eye on a net from my grandfather. My step father taught me to on deep see nets. He aslo built a large boat, it kind looked like a house boat - really cute! He built a skift and made a canoe for us to travel from Keawenui Bay to Waiaho'okalo. He built our hale and a water wheel to generate electricity. HE KNEW THE GENEALOGY OF THE ALII BY INOA AND ISLAND. He spoke OLELO HAWAII and embraced the Hawaiin culture. My hanai tutu, granda Sue I would visit when she stayed in the islands at he Hale Kulani. So funny seeing a kanaka running down the hallway with a Caucasian grandma. She was kind and gentle when she understood the Hawaiian culture.

On the night of his departure, I read Pele & Hiiaka and mo'olelo from David Malo. At 2:00 p.m., his uhane travled to Moloka'i, The stormy weather that stormed near Keawenui (rain and thunder) seized. The thunder stopped and the makani no more. As tears flowed down my papalina, I had known he entered the Kingdom of Heaven. He left this world agreat warrior who was non kanaka maoli.

Yes, differences may arise, yet we endure our pain and look forward to the sun rising and setting. Words are nver enougth to say MAHALO to those who support from across the seas and right here in HAWAII NEI! The mana grows stronger as we support each other! WE WILL SHAKE, RATTLE & ROLL and together we STAND!
  • And we appreciate so deeply the opportunity to partake of the blessings of this land, as care for by commitment of Hawaiian families for so many generations. Love to you, Auntie -Peace, Eliza :)
  • DITTO , this goes for me too, what people need to undrstand is that 16% of Hawaii Nationals were on non kanaka Maoli.
    mahalo
    Pono
    • Yes, there were many then that supported and today numbers have increased. Mahalo KE AKUA!
This reply was deleted.