Dr. Kioni Dudley
Nov 30 (2 days ago)
to Kioni
Aloha, Friends of Makakilo,

UH is planning to build a Level 3 Biolab to test for contagious diseases capable of mass killings.  It will be in Kalaeloa, three blocks from the high school and the new elementary school.  They say it is fool proof and not dangerous, but a week after our Neighborhood Board took a tour of the most dangerous inner chambers, they found that the exhaust fans had not been working.  I don't trust this in our neighborhood at all.  Our Board voted against it.  Other Boards did too.  UH is not listening.  They are intently ignoring us.  President Greenwood is coming to UHWO from 4:00 to 5:30 on Tuesday, December 4, Room C-225 to listen to community concerns.   We need a hundred people there.  Can you come?  Can you make a sign?

We also need UHWO to develop a strong program for training farmers.  They are starting one this year in connection with Ma'o Farms.  Ho'opili is just across the street from campus.  There is still a possibility we can keep that 1525 acres in farming.  This would be a great place for farmer graduates to get started farming their own long-lease land.  We need people to speak encouragingly of this.

There are more native Hawaiians in Kapolei now than anywhere else in the world, I believe.  UHWO needs to become a strong center for Hawaiian Studies also.

Hope you can make it on Tuesday.  A lot is at stake.

Please speak with respect.  She can be a tremendous help.  NUMBERS WILL COUNT!!!!  Please come.

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –