Interesting statement:

"In 1859 repair work was again begun, and on May 21, 1860, King Kamehameha IV requested the use of prisoners, with food and lodging to be provided for them while they repaired the Pali Road. (Hawaii, Kingdom, Dept. of Int. 1860:6).

So much for the love of Hawaiian Kingdom power and their Anglo-Saxon fellow friends.  I find this statement repulsive.  Although the penal code took on a different light since it's inception, I still find it totally repulsive to market the 'prison labor' as a non evil work ethic road improvement for the good of foreigners and their need to exploit native women and children.

There are times, I say to young people, "like the horses ass that wags his tail" it is best to be at the front of the horses nose to lead your thinking.  Here is another 'contention' of mine that some Hawaiian haven't really experienced, except in romantic movies. 

“The wife of the Rev. Reuben Tinker was the first foreign woman to descend the Pali.  The date is not precisely recorded but it was before 1831, when he told of it in his lectures.  In 1836, Mrs. Abigail Smith was carried down the Pali in a manele (a chair on carrying poles) by two Hawaiian men; however, she got out and climbed down the steepest part of the path.  Mrs.Benjamen Parker was carried up the Pali in the same manner in 1841 (Morse Ms.:16).  These three women are the only foreign women recorded as having traveled the Pali trail before it was widened into a horse trail in 1845.”

Carrying the foreigners and their necessities have always been Koolaupoko's burden since The Kamehameha I and his foreign navy killed and murdered his own people.  Tabu'ism was their activity post war agreements to control the people of Koolaupoko.  But, again Koolaupoko men were dead--killed in the Nuuanu Battle.  It seems much more logical that women lived in prison huts, awaiting to be raped by Kamehameha's English-American and French men navy! Half caste Kam I Navy and Koolaupoko women birthed the Hawaiian Nation for the next 150 years under duress!  Kailua bastards!

In 1950, I use to travel the Pali with my grandparents and parents, and it was scary for me, but I managed to get through it with during our midstop.  My father would stop the car and take me over to the drinking water pipe.  He would sit me on the stone wall and I would lean over and sip cool water dripping into his hands.  I come from Koolaupoko--the womb of many women that suffered the impact of the Battle of Nuuanu.  Has anything changed?

"It seemed to me (Rev.Reuben Tinker) a sublime pass, yet almost too fearful to be enjoyed, for though not unaccustomed to hills, and the ups and downs of life, I suffered from apprehension lest I should fall from the rocky steep.  I took off my shoes and by setting my feet in the crevices of the rocks, I worked myself along, assisted by a native, who saw nothing to wonder at but by awkwardness and fear on passing this grand highway, though to them common.  The natives do not think it is either wonderful or difficult; it is the main road connecting the opposite sides on of the island, and men and women are going up and down with their ordinary burdens on their shoulders, and in their arms, such as bundles of taro and potatoes, calabashes of poi, fowls, goats and pigs.  Mothers were passing along the most precipitous places with their children on their shoulders, as careless of danger as if they were level plain…[Ti8nker Ms.: 3]. Pg.164-5"

The tall white Anglo-Saxons and his Foreign wives still lurks in their contractural evil spirits at the height of our youth's cry for attention.  Will we see justice for Kollin Elderts a son of Kailua in 2012?  Or, is it just another day for the Hawaiian Nationals and their social outlook in life?  Are we going to be victims of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, because we never sought help in post war games?  

Is Kailua community going to revisit their post 1978 Vietnam War racist actions? Or, are they going to standown is my question?  Are we preparing the children of Kailua for Christopher Deedy's slap on the wrist justice?   Many preference questions needs to be asked and answered in the wake of the court date in 2012.  Is there a high probability that Kailua (the descendants) of a dominate foreign Euro-Anglo-Saxon community will stand down because of Kamehameha I and his known foreign Navy men at his side?  Where are the so-called Hawaiian Nationalist leaders?  Are they posting banners around Kailua?  Windward Oahu...think clearly and prepare!  Start to ask the right questions and seek out the answers of where are children are going to be in the future?  Just as the Koolaupoko women did back in the post of the Battle of Nuuanu.  Hawaiian Nationals, it's time to stop carrying the foreigner on your back!

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –