Sent by Pono Kealoha

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 09:20:16 -1000
Subject: Soft Copy of HCR 107

Aloha

Attached you will find a copy of House Concurrent Resolution 107.  I will also send you a hard copy in the mail per your request.  Please feel free to call me if you have any questions or if I can assist you further.

Mahalo,
Leilani Cannon
Committee Clerk/Analyst
Representative Mele Carroll, District 13
586-6237

HCR107_[1].pdf
273K   View   Download  

This is my response to Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwsJ6BqcZOI

"Politicians are doing it again, this is a step into the right direction, however, did anyone noticed this was a way out for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission? No, yeah? How many of you listened to Keanu Sai present his argument at Thomas Square and understood his de-occupation which I support as opposed to decolonization?The bottom line is 'Hookipa' is incharge of the military procurements on Nuclear Isotopes. Everything is an Army call according to NRC. This is a political 'puka' for military!" March 23, 2011

I was there too, at Kawaiahao Church to support the two women that got arrested on the steps of Kawaiahao Church.  I also confronted the children of 'Hale o na Alii o Hawaii 1918-1958 that it is not okay to give up their ukana in their parents graves to the archeologist.  The grave robbers will sell their parents ukana on EBay after theydocument their findings.  This is 'Native American graves Protection and Repatriation Act behavior that has not been fully realized by the Native Americans.  Ukana are being returned, but it will take another 100 or more years before the graves at Kawaiahao Church are returned to the children who are the real keepers of the bones.  At this time 300 or more graves are being unearthed as I write.  Yes, this is "ungodly."

Hawaiian Civic Club is the Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC (Hookipa), and Native Hawaiian Covenant-- keep in mind during the Kahoolawe 1978 years, Walter Heen was against our opposition to 'Stop the Bomb' and he defended the  military.  What is going on here is cause to question all points of veiws.

Army signs covenant with native Hawaiians

Mar 25, 2010

By Loran Doane, U.S. Army Garrison-Hawaii Public Affairs

FORT DERUSSY, Hawaii – Leaders from across Hawaii, representing various Native Hawaiian organizations, community groups, political and civil interests, joined Army leaders, here, March 24, to formally sign a Native Hawaiian Covenant.

“The covenant recognizes that Hawaii’s rich cultural and historical experiences are shaped by the land and surrounding ocean,” said Maj. Gen. Michael J. Terry, commanding general, U.S. Army-Hawaii. “We acknowledge that the Army has the responsibility of being good stewards for the lands we maintain and that we must be mindful to protect and preserve this fragile environment for future generations”.

The pledge is a symbolic joint accord between the Army and the Native Hawaiian community signifying the commitment to forging a stronger relationship of cooperation, appreciation and understanding of Hawaii’s native culture and resources, as well as the Army’s role in Hawaii and the inclusiveness of its Soldiers in the local communities.

“The army in Hawaii is capable of and committed to providing sustainable installation support and services for our Soldiers, our army families, and our local communities of which we are a part,” said Col. Matthew T. Margotta, commander of U.S. Army Garrison-Hawaii. “We firmly believe that it is possible to protect Hawaii’s precious cultural and natural environmental resources while still meeting the mission and goals of the Army. The covenant outlines our pledge to do just that.”

Over the past 15 years, the Army has developed a variety of outreach programs through its Partnership of Ohana program involving neighborhood boards, civic clubs and schools across Oahu and the Island of Hawaii.

To strengthen mutual understanding and awareness between the Native Hawaiian community and the Army, the Native Hawaiian Advisory Council was created to guide the Army in effectively working with the Hawaiian community. As part of our effort to reach out and engage the Hawaiian community, we established several new programs to facilitate education, understanding and mutual trust. Most notably the Distinguished Lecture Series in which prominent Native Hawaiian guest speakers share the history, culture and customs of Hawaii with Soldiers and their families.

“These programs give our Soldiers and family members living in Hawaii a greater understanding and appreciation for Native Hawaiian issues and culture, and provided opportunities for our neighbors to see that we share many of the same goals, values and experiences,” Margotta said.

Prior to the ceremony commencement, Members of the Royal Order of Kamehameha and Benevolent Societies performed a Hookupu in front of Fort DeRussy’s Kukalepa Memorial to commemorate fallen Maoli warrior ancestors who have died in Native Hawaiian conflicts. Hookupu is a traditional Hawaiian offering or gift ceremony showing respect to a host, land, ancestors or gods in exchange for knowledge and spiritual or physical growth in one’s life.

Rev. William Kaina, well known as the Senior Pastor of Kawaihao Church, Oahu’s oldest Christian church, and also for his work with the Papa Makua Kui Kawa of the Hawaii Conference United Church of Christ, gave the opening invocation, or Pule.

Neil Hannahs, Kamehameha Schools and Bishop Estate land manager and member of the Native Hawaiian Advisory Council joined Terry and Margotta as guest speakers at the event.

The ceremony concluded with the ceremonial planting of an Ulu tree. The tree stands as both an offering and a reminder of the partnership between the Native Hawaiian community and the U.S. Army in Hawaii.

“The Ulu is one of the trees brought by canoe to Hawai’i by the first Hawaiians, as evidenced by the many Hawaiian legends about the Ulu,” said Annelle Amaral, Native Hawaiian Liaison to USAG-HI. “It served as a vital source of subsistence and is viewed to Hawaiians as the ‘kinolau of Kukailimoku,’ which is the body form of the Hawaiian god Ku. We selected the Ulu (for the planting) to symbolize the significance and rewards of having strong cohesive relationships between the Army and Native Hawaiians.”

“Ultimately, the goal of our coming together to sign the Native Hawaiian Covenant is to build bridges of understanding and cultural exchange between Kanaka `oīwi (Hawaii’s native peoples) and create opportunities for mutual enrichment,” Margotta said."

I believe Blaze speaks closer to the truth of this H.C.R. No 107   from a business point of view.  The procurments are important to oversee during this political process and how it connects with the position of the US Military in Hawaii. 

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –