April 6, 2009 Representative Joey Manahan, Chair Representative James Kunane Tokioka, Vice Chair And Committee Members On Tourism, Culture & International Affairs House of Representatives, 2009 Legislature Session State of Hawaii Subject: HCR 150/HR 121, Urging The President Of The United States And The Members Of The United States Congress To Adopt The United Nations Declaration On The Rights Of Indigenous Peoples, SUPPORT ALOHA Kakou, My name is Richard Pomaikaiokalani Kinney. On January 17, 1993 after reading Public Law 103-150 I renounced my citizenship to the United States. I come here today as a Hawaiian National of the Hawaiian Kingdom. I strongly support the restoration of the Hawaiian Kingdom government that was invaded and occupied thru an Act of War on January 16, 1893 with the involvement of the diplomatic and military forces of the United States. As Sovereign of the Hawaiian Political Action Council of Hawaii, I STRONGLY SUPPORT the passage of HCR 150/HR 121. Prior to the passage of the Declaration On The Rights Of Indigenous Peoples the Declaration of Human Rights passed by the United Nations did not recognized the Indigenous People of the world as Human Beings. The Kanaka Maoli Hawaii are the Indigenous People of Hawaii. After the passage of the declaration by the United Nations, the Indigenous Peoples of the world are now recognized with full rights as Human Beings with the Declaration of Human Rights. On December 10, 1948, United Nations adopted and proclaimed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt was one of the authors of this very important protection of Human Rights that now includes the Indigenous People of the world and Hawaii Nei. Today as we all know very well that the Civil Rights of the Indigenous Hawaiian people of Hawaii are under attack. Politically, in the Courts and publicly questioning the Inherent Sovereign claims of the Page 2 April 6, 2009 HCR 150/HR 121 Kanaka Maoli Hawaii people to the Crown and Government lands of Hawaii. United States was one of the very few nations that did not sign on to the Declaration On The Rights Of Indigenous Peoples. It is a must that Hawaii pass these resolutions sending a strong message to President Obama and the members of Congress. Once more HPACH strongly SUPPORT the passage of HCR 150 and HR 121. Under the Hawaiian concept of Ohana, all the Indigenous Peoples of the world is One Ohana. As every Human Being is an Indigenous person. Mahalo Nui for allowing me to give my testimony on Resolutions. Attachments: Renouncement Documents ALOHA KUU AINA HAWAII Richard Pomaikaiokalani Kinney, SOVEREIGN Hawaiian Political Action Council of Hawaii 87-168 Maaloa Street, Waianae, Hawaii, 96792 Email: HIAHAWAII@aol.com

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Na'u Ka Hauoli, e Miliaulani. Long Live The Hawaiian Kindgom
  • Maika'i keia. Mahalo nui for your enduring stand and endless work for the Hawaiian Kingdom.
This reply was deleted.