Purpose: The purpose of this fund is to provide scholarships to assist students, preferably Hawaiian or Part-Hawaiian, pursuing a graduate program in Geography in topics relating to the Hawaiian Islands. Eligibility: Full-time graduate students, preferably of Hawaiian or Part-Hawaiian ancestry, who have enrolled in or have been accepted by the Geography Department at the University of Hawai‘i at Mänoa. Criteria: Applicants must: a. be presently enrolled or accepted in the University of Hawai‘i at Mänoa graduate program in Geography. b. submit a one page statement of their goals for their graduate program in Geography in topics related to the Hawaiian Islands. c. submit an academic paper reflecting the student’s scholarship of no more than 25 pages. d. submit a short statement of how the scholarship would be used to benefit the applicant’s program of study. e. submit three letters of recommendation, one must be from a person not affiliated with the University. f. submit on official transcript of undergraduate work and where applicable, of graduate work. g. provide proof of Hawaiian ancestry, if applicants claim to be Hawaiian or Part-Hawaiian. Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by Friday, April 17, 2009 to the Chair, Selection Committee, The Abraham Pi‘ianai‘a Scholarship in Geography via the Secretary of the Geography Department. Renewal: Recipients who wish to reapply for the scholarship may submit a document of progress and plans for the next year to the Chair, Selection Committee, The Abraham Pi‘ianai‘a Scholarship in the Geography vial the Secretary of the Geography Department. Selection: Selection of the recipients will be made by the Abraham Pi‘ianai‘a Scholarship in Geography Selection Committee. At least one scholarship of no less than $1000 will be awarded annually. Notification: The Chair of the Selection Committee shall notify the recipients of their selection by May 15, 2009.

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –