Aloha mai kakou, The Dorothy Ku'ulei Mawae Foundation will be hosting Kumu Chinky Mahoe here on Kaua'i for its first series of intensive kane hula kahiko workshops. The Dorothy Ku'ulei Mawae Foundation who's mission is to support the perpetuation, cultivation, practice, and advancement of traditional kanaka maoli cultural performing arts and those artists. The first workshop will be held Saturda,y June 21st from 9AM-1PM at the Anahola Village Park(lunch and pupus to be provided), and the following weekend of June 28th from 9AM-1PM @ Anahola Village Park for kane makua(18 and over) and kane 'opio(12-18) haumana. INFORMATIONAL POTLUCK MEETING Sunday, June 15th 4PM at Anahola Village Park. Upcoming workshops for wahine will be coming shortly as we continue planning through the summer. We hope that with the success of these first series of classes that we will continue with workshops on through the summer with Kumu Chinky Mahoe and with open invitations to other Kumu joining us on through the summer and fall seasons. We are happy to be finally offering a place of a learning ohana in this one of kind opportunity to our kanaka maoli community here on Kaua'i as we will be continuing to strengthen our enduring and everlasting culture through the arts. Attached to this email is the flyer(.pdf and .jpeg) with more information. If you or others you know would like more information please forward my contact information and have them contact me directly through email at hmawae2004@yahoo.com or at my home office phone (808)823-0403. Mahalo nui loa. Hale Mawae Eo Lono!

Hulaworkshopflyer1.jpg

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!