Aloha mai kākou, Just an invite to all of you that may be interested in finding out more about being an advocate for our Kupuna. Iwi are now sitting in vaults, storage units, and office buildings across the pae ʻāina. They need to be put to rest and back onto the land that they were taken from. A "Teach In" will be taking place to explain the legislative processes, how to be a voice for our Kupuna, and how to be involved small kine or to da max! Please come if you feel this kuleana! Mahalo nui loa, Kaʻāhiki Solis GTA Hawaiʻinuiākea School of Hawaiian Knowledge

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Got out of work that day! Let me know if you need help setting up.
    • Lehua I would like for you to be involved. It would just entail your manaʻo about why you want to be involved? Also send me a short bio so that I can include you on the flyer. Hiki no? Its ok if you do not want to as well. Just being there would be great!

Naʻu
      Kaʻāhiki
  • Aloha e TK

The workshop will be held at the Hawaiian Studies Building UH Mānoa on Friday March 14 from 3-5 pm. Mahalo for your interest and I hope to see you there!

Naʻu
    Kaʻāhiki
  • Aloha,

We are looking to start a kapa hui for the preservation of the art as well as to help in the repatriatioin process of na iwi kupuna. I agree, this is an integral part of our culture we need to malama. If not for the kupuna, we would not be here.

Imua kakou...

Momioka Pakipika
    • Aloha e Momioka,

I have just begun in kapa and I am spending Tuesdays and Thursday at school (UH Mānoa) pounding kapa. I would love to learn more and to kākoʻo a group that will be helping to re-inter our Iwi. Perhaps this is part of my kuleana. Please email me with more information at Sheleigh@hawaii.edu.

Mahalo,

Kaʻāhiki
      • Maika`i,

Will let you know more when things are pa`a.

Mahalo for your efforts...

Momi
  • Aloha e Ka'ahiki,

Where will the workshop be held ? Mahalo...tk
This reply was deleted.