HAWAII RACEWAY PARK

TRUE OR FALSE: WOULD IT BE GOOD TO REOPEN THE RACEWAY PARK... I MYSELF AND MY FATHER IS A PRO STREET RACER AT THE PARK. NOT MYSELF ONLY BUT OTHER RACERS OUT THERE WOULD BE GLAD THAT THIS PLACE WOULD OPEN UP. SINCE THE TRACK CLOSED I MYSELF AND OTHERS HAVE SEEN DRIVERS THAT SHOULD BE ON THE TRACK, ARE RACING ON THE STREETS. THAT MAKES ME FEEL VERY UNSAFE TO HAVE MY FAMILY OUT THERE DRIVING. IM NOT PUTING THESE GUYS DOWN BUT I GUESS ITS TIME THAT WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE SITUATION THAT CAN BE SOLVED. NOT ONLY MYSELF BUT I KNOW OTHERS WOULD WANT THE STREETS TO BE SAFE FOR THE NEXT GENERATION.... WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THE RACEWAY PARK OPEN, CAUSE I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY LOVE ONES OUT THERE.

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Aloha, I come from the line of old racers here....my parents were strip racers and also did it illegally with professional lights on our coastal straight-a-ways when I was a toddler. It may have been illegal racing but safety was always first and foremost imporance - they had a professional set up for this. We lost the old Kona airport to turn it into a park back in the 70's. For a years there was no racing area until the Hilo side opened up itself when my parents already retired from the expense of the hobby. My husband comes from old racer/auto lines on the mainland and he feels if it was used prior why can't the site be used on the continual. I told him that I wasn't familiar with what was happening on Oahu and couldn't comment. Why is it that they want to shut it down?
  • Having a place to race is a good idea for many as it is the sport that has much aloha from the racers them selves and the fans that follow their progress. From outside understanding, they are now in joint efforts to build one, which as they said will be completed later this year, however with the problems within the group that is organizing this challenge,from what is being said, only makes one believe it will take longer. You can not build a foundation with differences.The history of those involved with this project has not changed. It is still the same as when they once operated the track out at campbell. They are now doing the same thing, fighting amongest themselves. Change the people and you may stand a chance of getting your racing track back.
  • Hey i hear you man. . .but what i would do is get a grant so you can make your own raceway. . . .
    'O au no me ka ha'aha'a,
    Ikaika Kamai
This reply was deleted.