Merrie Monarch

Has the Merrie Monarch craziness hit you yet? Are you a performer or a part of the audience? Who's planning on coming to Hilo? Who's not? Who is already in Hilo and rather watch it on the tv? As for me, my halau doesn't compete, but we do the Wednesday night exhibition every year. This is the first time in almost a decade that I am not going to be performing. I'm on "sabbatical" this year and will be watching excitedly from the sidelines.

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hau'oli Free-Night kākou!

This is Luahiwa, reporting after the first day of the craft fair, which is being held at the Afook-Chinen Civic Auditorium right next door to the spectacular EK Stadium, all the way from today on thru Saturday. We are manning the food booth and have an exciting array of grindz to fill your ʻōpū…high fat, high carbs, choke protein, good portions, low prices…what you like? We get em! If you see me in person, come kiss me hello! My legs might be boiling from standing on cement alllllll day, but I promise you a smile on my face and correct change! All in all, excellent customer service!

alooooha,
    naʻu
  • I will be staying up LATE in the morning to watch it online. It's a blessing that KITV4 will be webcasting again this year! http://www.kitv.com/merriemonarch/index.html
  • OMG MM is finally around the corner... I like going to the Wednesday nights and watching Halau o Kekuhi them dance. Its something I look forward to every year. Its like the most wonderful thing of MM, cause it starts it off with a bang a fire release and slowly slow it down with the rest of the other nights. People from all over comes to hilo, and like always CRAZINESS hits HILO TOWN!
    Oh yeah I like watching it from Home cause i can lay down and watch then sitting on does hard chairs!
  • I dont know anyone who has free tickets - but i'll keep an ear out. Even though I live in Hilo I prefer to watch it on tv. I like hearing Aunty Pua's commentary :D
  • Aloha. getting excited to be at MM this year since i missed it last year. by the way do u know anyone that has 2 tickets? still looking.
  • waaaaiiiit! Some of us gotta survive the Haili VB tourney first! I love these two weeks; the most festive time of year for lovely Hilo nei…if you aren't busting lemu working a concession or craft fair, that is…
    • *lol* at least they postponed MM so Haili and MM is not the same time :D
This reply was deleted.