aloha mai kakou, My name is Hulali Malaiakini Pa'ao'ao and i live in Kane'ohe on the island of 'O'ahu. My family, freinds as well as I will be going on a trip to The island of Maupiti in Tahiti. The purpose of our trip is to exchange cultures with other groups from around the Polynesian Triangle. There will be 13 groups in all, from Hawai'i, Tahiti, Rapa Nui, Aotearoa, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Marqueses as well as Rarotonga. Our cultural/ educational exchange will be taking place on September !5 - September 19,2008. it will be a 5 day long event which will consist of teaching and learning of each others history, language, song, chants and dances, cultural games such as the Makahiki Games, crafts, fishing, cooking, sailing, paddling, carving and weaving skills and techniques as well as cultural and spiritual healings like lomilomi and la'au lapa'au and visiting Maraes. Basicaly anything and everything to do with the Polynesian culture. So my plea to you is to please help us get there so that we can teach the people of Polynesia our history, language and culture. Monday- July 14, 2008 10:30am @45-428 ihilani st., kaneohe. next street over fronting castle high school, up from senior center. Baked chicken with cream of mushroom plate lunch -2scoop rice, potato/mac salad, corn, dessert and bottle water $6.00 delivery may be available if near by: 388-9211 or 721-9523 Friday- July 18, 2008 3pm- till all gone Laulaus 3 for $10.00 @ St. Johns by the Sea Church in Kahalu'u on Kamehameha Hwy. the back roads pass He'eia Kea Boat Harbor. By the old Pineapple Hut. or if you are coming from Kahekili, take the turn at 7eleven and drive till you see the church - if you cant find it and you still would like to support us feel free to call me @ 388-9211/ 721-9523 and ask for Carol, Hulali or Tara Sunday- July 20, 2008 7am-5pm multi family yard sale and Hawaiian Plate Lunch-$10.00 -Kalua Pig, Squid Lu'au, Chicken long Rice, Lomi Salmon, Poi, Rice Sweet Potato, Haupia, Pineapple and a bottle water Shave Ice w/w Ice Cream delivery maybe available if near by: 388-9211 or 721-9523 Saturday August 9, 2008 10am- 3pm @ Ke Kula Kaiapuni 'o Pu'ohala free entertainment/ music Hawaiian Plate Lunch- $10.00 each -Kalua Pig, Squid Lu'au, Chicken long Rice, Lomi Salmon, Poi, Rice Sweet Potato, Haupia, Pineapple and a bottle water if you are intrested in helping me and my 'ohana please write or call me. all your donations and kokua will be greatly appreciated. 388-9211 721-9523 Mahalo Nui Loa, Hulali

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –