Lāʻī / Tī leaf recommendation needed!

Aloha mai e nā hoa, Could someone please recommend a business that can ship lāʻī to California, ke ʻoluʻolu? The web research I have done so far has the price going from .50 to 1.00 per leaf. The pictures that they show have the stems cut, not pulled. I am going to hold a workshop making lei and using the stem for stamping. I need some kōkua in acquiring the leaves. Depending on the price and shipping costs, I would like to order 75-100. Mahalo nui, Liko

You need to be a member of maoliworld to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Aloha-
    Make sure that the lai is cleaned well because my friends in Kaleponi ordered from Hawai'i before and it didnt pass the inspection so it got sent back.
    Malama,
    Malia
    • Mahalo nui e Malia! When doing my preliminary research, some lei/flower companies can only ship lei lāʻī after boiling the leaves. Some could not comply with the request for shipping to California because of some new restrictions due some plants experiencing a spotting leaf disease. It was news to me.

E mālama hoʻi,
      Liko
  • Aloha Uncle Liko,

75 -100 wale no? 'a'ole pilikia, When do you need it by? I can get my haumana to gather and send them up to you. One of my ladies have a farm of Ali'i ti. Lemme, know...

A hui hou
    Kanoe
    (Moloka'i)
    • Mahalo nui e Kanoe! I will email you privately, k?
  • Heard of a place called Commodity Forwarders aka: CFI. You will need to check their fees on this. Option on them cleaning and shipping or just shipping.
    • Mahalo for the info! I will check with them on what they can help me accomplish.

Can anyone else recommend a Hawaii nursery type business?
      • Ask folks at Hui Ku Maoli Ola if they can, or if they can recommend someone who can. Kapaliku Schirman or Rick Barboza - 808-259-6580
        http://www.plantnativehawaii.com/
        This is a Hawaiian-owned nursery, specializing in native Hawaiian plants (and some polynesian introductions such as kī).
        • This sounds like a great business to support! Mahalo nui!
This reply was deleted.